OMG Another f'in toy for you anals

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

OMG Another f'in toy for you anals

Post by Rover »

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/05/ ... ge-part-1/

There are four parts to this. Have fun, but don't tell me about it.
dronning

Re: OMG Another f'in toy for you anals

Post by dronning »

Oh great another thing for the OCD'ers to worry about!

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Andre

Post by Andre »

I doubt that would work well for wadcutter pellets. It's designed for the round nose pellets Field Target shooters use, wish are not available in specific head sizes, so you have to sort them yourself.

As a Field Target shooter myself, head size DOES matter. Shooting a 1/2" target at 55 yards with a sub 20 FT/LB gun on the wind IS a true challenge.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well then, how successful do you think you'll be once you've acquired this wonder-working device?

I'm sure Conradin has already ordered one, but dares not mention it on this Forum.
abinok

Post by abinok »

Seems like this could really bump a guy up a few positions at local 10 meter matches. Not by using it... but just think about how much less my competition will be shooting and instead, spend hours sorting pellets.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Andre wrote:I doubt that would work well for wadcutter pellets. It's designed for the round nose pellets Field Target shooters use, wish are not available in specific head sizes, so you have to sort them yourself.

As a Field Target shooter myself, head size DOES matter. Shooting a 1/2" target at 55 yards with a sub 20 FT/LB gun on the wind IS a true challenge.
Hi Andre, Round nose pellets most certainly are available in different head sizes. I haven't competed in FT matches

in several years, but the JSB pellets I used were, and still are available in various head sizes.

I suggest that you locate a seller that does carry several brands and head size selections. I preferred JSB over

H&N pellets because in my rifles the JSBs gave the best accuracy. Remarkably Crosmans, with their varying

weight and head size grouped very well (at 55yds) in my Pro Sport.

I can see this pellet gauge would have value for the 10M air rifle competitors.

Tony
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Hey Rover, if it ain't got an "E" trigger it won't be "IN" with the rest of his "Junk" to list on his website "moniker." Hah!!!!!! "Doc"
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Anyone who has time to sit and measure pellets one at a time is someone I hope never to meet. I might be forced to punch them in the face.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why Gerard, I was beginning to think we'd never agree.

We might even agree on more things if the moderators would stop deleting some of my posts.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Age is making me crankier. I'm starting to 'get' you a bit more. Mostly insofar as anger directed towards outright stupidity. On the political front there's a vast chasm which is probably un-bridgeable I'm afraid. Unless you decide to become an anarchist, in which case I'll have to relent and admit we're on the same side.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Rover wrote:Well then, how successful do you think you'll be once you've acquired this wonder-working device?

I'm sure Conradin has already ordered one, but dares not mention it on this Forum.
Haha maybe he has!

I've only shot one FT match, first day was a 50/60 (33 rating course) and the second (Windy) I shot a 24. Crosman Premier Heavy (From die B) not sorted, washed, weighed, or anything. They shot dimes at 50 yards on the stock M-rod.

For reasons I will not post, I will only shoot Crosman pellets in a fairly stock Crosman gun. I owe it to them, and want to show what their stuff can do with a $800 FT package. Lets just say they have been very good to me over the past few years.

I was not aware of any other domed pellets sorted by head size other than JSB's, which confuse the hell out of me! From what I hear, every other tin shoots differently.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Gerard wrote:Anyone who has time to sit and measure pellets one at a time is someone I hope never to meet. I might be forced to punch them in the face.
Maybe I should bring out the semi-automatic pellet sizing die I made a few years back!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

That's worse.