Shooting Term

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tanktrek

Shooting Term

Post by Tanktrek »

What is the exact meaning of the term pulling a creedmore.
Don

Re: Shooting Term

Post by Don »

I assume that you are asking about tie breaking techniques. Creadmore was the original NRA range on Long Island, NY, where the system was developed in the U.S. if you had two or more people tied, then the one with the highest number of X's won, then highest number of 10's, then highest number of 9's, etc., until the tie was broken. in some black powder sports, they use string measure. In international black powder matches sponsored by the Muzzle Loaders Associations International Committee (MLAIC), they measure the distance of the center of the worst record shot from the center of the bullseye. All are tie breaking devices unique to that particular sport. The rule book for your sport will explain the rule that that sport uses. If you loose the tie breaker, you have been "Creedmored."

Regards,
Don
Tanktrek

Post by Tanktrek »

Thank you Don
Curlyjim

Post by Curlyjim »

I'm not familiar with that exact term or it's usage, but I can think of some other possibilities. Check this page.

http://www.longrangebpcr.com/TCFacts.htm

Item 5, 6, or 7 could have spawned the term.

Curlyjim
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

To "Creedmore" someone is to win by a secondary tie-breaker. For example, I shot the same score as one of my teammates at the NRA National Championship this year. Our X-count was also the same, so the next level tie-breaker in NRA Smallbore is to compare the score on the individual target bulls, starting with the last one fired. Since I shot a 50 with 5 x's, and he shot a 50 with 4 xs, I won the higher ranking.