FWB P70 - to buy or not?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

PaulB

FWB P70 - to buy or not?

Post by PaulB »

I have an opportunity to buy a 15 year old FWB P70 aluminum rifle, with one 13 year old cylinder (which I am not worried about the date because this won't be used in USAS, ISSF or NCAA events). Are there any known age related issues with this model that I should watch out for? Does anyone have a reason to recommend, or not recommend, this gun? What would be a reasonable $ offer to make to the seller?

I only have experience with FWB C60 CO2 rifles and the ones that we use have been working well since the early 1990's.
Andre

Re: FWB P70 - to buy or not?

Post by Andre »

Unless you plan to shoot Field Target with it, the action itself should be just fine. Watch out for leaky seals and a bad absorber.
spektr

Post by spektr »

that parts link for the fwb300 also listed the p70 replacement cylinders as available...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Compared to other brands from what I have heard, Feinwerkbau has the least problems in terms of reliability and the parts are readily available from the manufacturer. If the condition and the price is right, go for it.