Vertical (or other non-horizontal) target storage options

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

john bickar

Vertical (or other non-horizontal) target storage options

Post by john bickar »

Hello shooters,

Anyone have some creative ways for storing targets other than stacking them on top of each other?

I have a variety of (mostly pistol) targets, from full-face 25m targets to 10m AP targets, and everything in between. (Don't we all?)

They take up more space than I'd like them to when I lay them flat, but when I try to set them on edge, they curl. Curled targets suck.

Thought about sourcing some bookends from my library contacts, but that doesn't help with the full-face targets. And then when you stack 10m AP targets like library books, you're losing out on the depth of your shelving units.

Looking for innovative and flexible solutions. Anyone have any great ideas? (Paul B? GWhite?)

Pics would be helpful.
jackh

Re: Vertical (or other non-horizontal) target storage option

Post by jackh »

Sandwich them with two thin plywood or thin plastic sheets. Bind the assembly with a strap. Incorporate a handle of sorts. Carry like a suitcase.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Bookends sound like an alright idea for 10m.

At my club we store 25m targets flat - but adjust the shelves to be wide and deep, but not tall. They occupy the same volume flat as if they were stood on end.

The type of shelving bolt together steel bits and bobs. Cheap and nasty, but probably quite strong.
Image Image
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

OK, thanks, I will give some of those ideas a try. I like the "sandwich" idea that jackh mentioned, as the quantities I have of any given target size vary.
conradin

Post by conradin »

John I have some old fashion RFP silouette targets. I learned from my mistake and so this time I kept them in the box that they originally came from. Now all my targets are in their original box, stacked up on top of each other, or even standing up like in a book case style. It works well.
MislMan

Post by MislMan »

A little late on this. Get some medium/large paper clamps from a stationary store and zip-tie two clamps to a clothes hanger. Clamp targets onto the hanger/holder and store in closet. Could also get a map case/attaché case/portfolio case from stationary store. Those provide weather protection as well as convenient carry.

... Larry S.