scuba tank adapter

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ltdave

scuba tank adapter

Post by Ltdave »

my daughter shot in a big match last month and their scuba tank, had a valve on it that allowed for a yoke type adapter so anschutz and fwb and walther cylinders could be screwed into it but also so the hose type attachment could be used for the air guns that used that method (quick disconnect) for filling...

my club's tank currently has a yoke adapter with hose for the crosman style air valve...

id like to purchase an adapter so we could fill either cylinders or airguns just by simply screwing in the cylinder adapter or using the hose type...

i realize i might need to have my tank completely re-valved but thats okay, i just dont know what fitting i need...

can someone shed some light on this for me?
dschaller

Re: scuba tank adapter

Post by dschaller »

You need something like this:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.a ... DinAdapter

Any decent SCUBA shop should have them in stock.
abinok

Post by abinok »

An adapter like this would connect to your quick disconnect on one end, and allow you to thread the manufacturers adapter into the other. They are about $40, and will fit all of the major manufacturers cylinder adapters.
Rixter

Post by Rixter »

If you have a yoke valve (also known as an A-clamp valve) on your scuba tank and want an adapter so you can connect a DIN fitting, the adapter that dschaller recommended is what you want. In addition to scuba shops, you can find it at Champion's Choice and PilkGuns. They run about $50 or so.

I use it to fill the cylinders on my Morini PCP pistol. I attach the adapter to the yoke valve, screw in the cylinder, crack the scuba tank valve a bit, and the cylinder is filled.