RWS (Diana) 6M

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rixter

RWS (Diana) 6M

Post by Rixter »

I have an RWS 6M (which I believe to be the same model as a Diana 6M), which probably needs to be tuned up/overhauled. I have recently acquired a Morini CM 162EI, which means that I won't be using the 6M any more. I'd like to sell it so someone else can benefit from having an entry-level airgun.

What seems like a better idea, selling the gun as is (and letting the buyer pick his own repair shop) or have the gun tuned up/overhauled and then selling it as being in restored condition?

Any idea of what 6M's sell for?
slofyr

Re: RWS (Diana) 6M

Post by slofyr »

Try the "yellow airgun forum" for info and a sale.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Rixter wrote:I have an RWS 6M (which I believe to be the same model as a Diana 6M), which probably needs to be tuned up/overhauled. I have recently acquired a Morini CM 162EI, which means that I won't be using the 6M any more. I'd like to sell it so someone else can benefit from having an entry-level airgun.

What seems like a better idea, selling the gun as is (and letting the buyer pick his own repair shop) or have the gun tuned up/overhauled and then selling it as being in restored condition?

Any idea of what 6M's sell for?
Hi Rixter, another choice is to keep the pistol and shoot it several times during the week so that you

can maintain your shoulders, and upper arm strength. I kept mine for the same reason. You may or

may not discover that the 6M is probably just as accurate as your Morini, but shooting requires cranking

strength and much more holding energy because the 6M is significantly heavier than your 162E. Besides,

like the FWB crank pistols, the 6M has considerable Funk value!

Tony
Rover

Post by Rover »

Here come de funk! Here come de funk!
yana

Post by yana »

Overhauled. I'd never want a 6M in original condition.
The seals are all crap.
And they're a pain in the ass to work on yrself.
Bút, make sure its a gunshop that knóws the GISS system.
The pinioncaps are easy to screw up.
And if they screw up the internal thread? you can throw it in the dustbin..
Also, keep receipt.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sell it as is. You'll have to pay so much for the rebuild you'll be out-of-pocket and STILL have headaches.