Anschutz 8002 S2 Black Air

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

psaj

Anschutz 8002 S2 Black Air

Post by psaj »

Hi. Really hope somebody out there can help. I am interested in the Anschutz 8002 S2 Black Air but would like to know what the effective shooting distance for this rifle is.

Has anybody out there used this rifle and had any success beyond 10m? Should it be capable of going out to say 15m, 20m or even 25m with a good quality pellet?

Thanks for your help.

Pete.
jhmartin

Re: Anschutz 8002 S2 Black Air

Post by jhmartin »

We used to use our 8002 S2s in 4-H air rifle silhouette until the rules changed.
Really any 10m air rifle can knock down the air silhouette Rams with authority at 45 yards, even sporters.
If you're not careful you can lose the chickens at 20 yards they fly so far.
toppkatt

Re: Anschutz 8002 S2 Black Air

Post by toppkatt »

Our airgun league shoots bullseyes at 10M and silhouettes at 15M. The silhouettes we use are remotely reset by pulling the string and they are pushed back up. Sometimes the sil's are hit so hard they hit the reset bar and bounce back up resetting. The judge counts it as a hit, but it shows they have plenty of energy past 15M. I haven't shot mine further but I'd bet they can easily do 20M or even 45 M with accuracy. Just watch the wind.