Help Scoping a BSA Martini MKII (Benchrest)

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Cundiff5535

Help Scoping a BSA Martini MKII (Benchrest)

Post by Cundiff5535 »

I am in the market for a benchrest scope that is going on a BSA MKII I was looking at a Weaver T36 or the Sightron SII Big Sky 36x42. I am also considering a Sightron S3 6-24×50... Does anyone have thoughts on choice? Range is going to be 50-100 yards... Most of the old timers I am shooting BR rimfire with like the Weaver. I just so happen to like Sightron but, I am not sure the SII is the best idea... I know the SIII's are a far better piece of glass but, they do not make a dedicated BR optic like the T36 or 36x42.

Can anyone here help give me thoughts on this or other recommendations?

Thanks,
B
C. Perkins

Re: Help Scoping a BSA Martini MKII (Benchrest)

Post by C. Perkins »

I have a vintage Redfield 3200 that is 24X with fine cross hairs mounted on mine with the lowest mounts possible that I purchased through Brownells which keeps it in line as if you are using the original iron sights.

This is the reason I like the 3200 cause it sits low and above all looks right on the MKII.

I do not like being off the comb too high for the modern larger bell scopes unless you customize the stock and even then it does not feel right to me, but that is me.

Just my honest opinion.

Clarence