Mounting a SCATT WS1 on a Pardini SP Cal. .22?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

cbruce13

Mounting a SCATT WS1 on a Pardini SP Cal. .22?

Post by cbruce13 »

Hello, first time poster here.

I'm considering a SCATT WS1 for home/dry-fire work, to attach to a Pardini SPBE Cal. .22.

However, from what I see online, it appears that the SCATT mounting hardware is geared toward attachment to cylindrical-shaped elements (e.g., to the barrel of a rifle, or to the air cylinder of an air pistol), using an adjustable band.

Does anyone have experience with mounting a SCATT system (especially a WS1) to the frame of non-cylindrical pistols (especially a Pardini SPBE .22)?

Also, I remember having seen (somewhere) an adapter that slides into the pistol's barrel to remedy just this situation; does anyone have experience with these adapters (or concerns regarding same - as I'd want to make certain it did not damage the barrel).

Thanks in advance for your time - CB
cbruce13

Re: Mounting a SCATT WS1 on a Pardini SP Cal. .22?

Post by cbruce13 »

This is the barrel insert sold by SCATT. (Seems that I've also seem a different configuration sold elsewhere, apparently not made by SCATT since it is not available on their own website).

http://www.scatt.com/mount/26/barrel_insert/
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I have a ultradot on my Pardini so I mount it to the extension tube of the scope.
BEA

Post by BEA »

Give Vladimir a call and see what he thinks. They had one at the SHOT Show that I played with a little bit and they are a good training tool for trigger control. It was mounted on a K12. Give yourself time to get used to it and don't let the movement bother you so much. What you are after is trigger control...breaking your shot in the middle of your movement range. Don't let it cause you to start ripping the trigger trying to catch the center. Good luck and enjoy.
dronning

Post by dronning »

I have all the inserts .22-45acp they work great.

Pic of my Nelson conversion with SCATT adaptor. The Nelson has a threaded barrel so it isn't flush like my 45acp.

- Dave

Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
cbruce13

Post by cbruce13 »

dronning wrote:I have all the inserts .22-45acp they work great.

Thanks greatly, everyone. I'll hunt down the SCATT adaptor.
cbruce13

Post by cbruce13 »

BEA wrote: Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks, BEA