Passing of a pioneer

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

grmdaddyo

Passing of a pioneer

Post by grmdaddyo »

Not sure if anybody in this forum would know him, or his achievements, but my father Merrill D. Martin, passed away a couple of days ago.
Among his achievements were the development of Moly Coating of bullets, as well as practical fire lapping.
He started NECO, source of much of this, and passed along when he lost interest in it.
He also worked closely with Deter Anschutz with the BR50
Anyone wishing further info, please do not hesitate to PM me, and I'll get back as soon a I can.
GR Martin
Lenny

Re: Passing of a pioneer

Post by Lenny »

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I shot Moly coated bullets for the past 16 years. I always bought ready coated bullets, but this year I purchased NECO kit and started doing it myself. Moly coating lost some of its popularity, but it never went away like other fads and is making a come back.
Marc Orvin

Re: Passing of a pioneer

Post by Marc Orvin »

I loved reading your father's articles in Precision Shooting magazine. Always excellent detail and a very clear writing style. As they always said in that magazine's Left the Range column,"We are diminished."

My condolences to you and your family.
Marc