10.9 Walther Risers Problem

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Andre

10.9 Walther Risers Problem

Post by Andre »

A friend of mine just got some riser blocks from 10.9 for her Walther Lg400 (Basic)

I have a pair and they work great on my Anschutz, but it's been a year and it seems the QC went down, they had to be ground down to fit on the rifle, and the front one is taller than the rear one. Rear sight is out of elevation and shots are still low. She needs them for a match this week (Preferably) so any advise would be much appreciated.

My ideas on the fix are to either shim the rear one up using some brass shim stock, or milling the front one down. My coach and I both have milling machines, and I have a surface grinder so machining them to fit shouldn't be an issue, albeit a bummer for the price you pay for them.

Anybody have any similar issues? If they can not be made to fit they will be sent back, there is obviously something wrong here.

Thanks,
Andre
BigAl

Re: 10.9 Walther Risers Problem

Post by BigAl »

My daughter also has the basic LG400 Alutec. She has some risers from www.shooting-equipment.de on hers. The rear block is a little wide and the toggle link on the cocking lever just rubs against the riser. Also if you have the rearsight mounted towards the front of the rail the cocking lever can actually interfere with the sights windage knob. This could be an issue if you have a variable/filter iris fitted.

Sorry it doesn't answer your specific question, but it seems at least as far as the LG400 goes you have to be careful in choosing what accessories to purchase for it.

Alan