Budgets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jabberwo

Budgets

Post by jabberwo »

Ya know,

Its nice haveing a financial genius as a spouse. Note excellent timing of getting into stocks a couple of months ago.

But, it sucks that she can rattle off exactly what I spent on guns and ammo last year!

grumble,
Jab
Spencer

Re: Budgets

Post by Spencer »

there are those of us whose wives are 'into' (expensive) computerised embroidery machines and (expensive) sewing machines - they buy a new machine and the time is right to get a new pistol...
jpa

Post by jpa »

My "other half" is into horses - which is a real trump card for me ;)
dronning

Post by dronning »

My wife is into old furniture, she buys a piece for $20 does her magic on it and sells it for $300 or more. I'm a purchasing manager (retired) and love to get the deal - but so does she!

Last time I bought a safe she was at the store with me and when I was in the final negotiation with the salesman Kaye interrupted and said "Why don't you just buy the big one honey, you know you'll need it!" I said "it's too much money" she turned to the salesman and said "I know that large safe has been here a while, if you reduce the price to $$ I'd bet my husband will buy it" the salesman's jaw dropped and he mumbled "you lucky bastard" and gave us a smoking deal. LOVE MY WIFE!

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
KatoomDownUnder

Post by KatoomDownUnder »

Ahhh but having a wife who shoots too helps.

Ohh and being able to claim at least half of my shooting expenses on tax is even better. Got to love having a skill that needs constant maintenance.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

KatoomDownUnder wrote:Ahhh but having a wife who shoots too helps.
It can, but then they know how much you've spent. There's no chance of bluffing through "Is that bit new dear?".