Competitors For the NRA Board of Directors

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hap Rocketto

Competitors For the NRA Board of Directors

Post by Hap Rocketto »

The NRA, and the Board of Directors in particular, is slowly becoming devoid of people qualified, fluent, and supportive of the competitive shooting sports. This election cycle we are trying to get as many qualified competitive shooters on the Board of Directors and Discipline committees as possible.

We need to show the leadership at NRA that the competitive shooters want a voice and we vote.

What you need you to do is send an Email to every competitive shooter in your address book and recommend they vote for the ten individuals listed below. Detailed biographies can be found at http://home.earthlink.net/~electbio/.

Additionally speak to your club and state association membership and recommend these candidates and talk these people up at your Friends of NRA dinners.

To vote for 25 individuals only weakens your ballot. The celebrities will get elected with, or without your support. Vote for only these eleven who are either competitors and/or strong supports of competitive shooting, Captain John Sigler, Edie Fleeman, Doctor David Coy, Joe Bergalis, Maria Heil, Dr. Virginia McLemore, Tim Pawol, Doctor Don Saba, Hap Rocketto, Robert Wos, and Joel Friedman.

Eligible voters will begin receiving their ballots in January which must be returned no later than March 1, 2015.

We thank you for your support.
jhmartin

Re: Competitors For the NRA Board of Directors

Post by jhmartin »

I'll for sure support these folks.
Dr McLemore is a very active supporter and organizer of matches here in New Mexico.
She is ALWAYS helping our juniors out at matches and holds many clinics for them at her matches.
PASA008

Post by PASA008 »

Very timely, I just received my issue with ballot yesterday. Thank you for the information, and the advice to vote only for the 11 so as to not water down the vote.
kameljock

Post by kameljock »

roger that
be in the moment
william

Post by william »

Disgusted as I've been with the NRA - starting with LaPierre's nauseating "jack-booted government thugs" comment - remember that one, the one that caused President George H W Bush to surrender his membership - I sent in my ballot for the first time in years. Thank you for giving me a reason.
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

William,
Thank you for your support.
Hap
motorcycle_dan

Post by motorcycle_dan »

Thank you sir, exactly what I was looking for.
Stir up the vote for competitive shooters.