shooting to the right

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Silvershooter

Re: shooting to the right

Post by Silvershooter »

If 2 other shooters have had the same result as you then, IMHO, fitting a new grip is unlikely to work.
Yes, I was one of the shooters Tom mentioned, I also shoot a Morini.
The rear sight was definitely adjusted to the maximum to the left on the rod, the sight gap was very narrow, much narrower than I have on mine.
All my shots went right to a similar degree that Tom was getting, apart from a flyer that hit the right hand wire target holder. The other shooter had them landing more central.
A mystery.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Silvershooter wrote:
If 2 other shooters have had the same result as you then, IMHO, fitting a new grip is unlikely to work.
Yes, I was one of the shooters Tom mentioned, I also shoot a Morini.
The rear sight was definitely adjusted to the maximum to the left on the rod, the sight gap was very narrow, much narrower than I have on mine.
I would be tempted to strip the rear sight down (see my last post) and check to see whether the sight elements are mounted too far to the left on the rod. The instructions might sound confusing but, having read them 5-6 times, it's not too difficult an operation.
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

It was the rear sights, they were broken, have now had them replaced. Have had the grip (original) customised to fit my hand - am cooking on gas again.

Many thanks for your replies and help

Tom