trouble fitting ISSF pants for daughter

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ltdave

trouble fitting ISSF pants for daughter

Post by Ltdave »

my 13 year old just got a pair of freeland ISSF pants for Christmas...

theyre already 2 sizes bigger than her jeans but still too tight in her thighs. she also is a swimmer and she comes from big/tall stock of people. the pants are also floor length with shoes and the waist comes up around her rib cage...

short of ordering special sizing from the likes of Monard (not sure they could even get her pants made and shipped before the summer based on others experience with High Power jackets) what can she do?

she might need yet a larger waist size (this would be 3 sizes bigger than pants size) but she also thinks theyre too big in the seat and they are gathering and pinching her in the abdomen...

HELP!!!!!
pfiori

Re: trouble fitting ISSF pants for daughter

Post by pfiori »

Fitting kids is a challenge.
If you want to work with what you have, find a shop that does canvas work for boats or the trucking industry. They will have the equipment needed to sew the material that the pants are made of. They will not know how to size or fit it, you will have to tell them. The results will vary and you may spend more time and money than ordering made to measure.
What I suggest that you do is first, go to the different clothing manufacturers websites and look at their measuring/fitting instructions and size charts. Then, measure your daughter and see if there is an off the rack size that is a decent fit. You will find that a size X from manufacturer A is not necessarily cut or sized the same as a size X from manufacturer B or C.
Hope this is helpful.
Pete
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Similar problem with my daughter with off-the-shelf pants but they were too big around the waist. We ended up going to a tailor and adding a crease to the waist to bring pants in a bit. Took in about 1.5-2 inches. You may want to consider going a few sizes large on the waist to accommodate the larger hips and have a tailor take in the waist.
kilowhiskey

Post by kilowhiskey »

Have you tried giving Sandy at Champion Shooters a call? She is very helpful, and has fitted thousands of kids
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

kilowhiskey wrote:Have you tried giving Sandy at Champion Shooters a call? She is very helpful, and has fitted thousands of kids
yep. thats where i got them...
justadude

Post by justadude »

What you describe is a common issue, especially in fitting the junior ladies. Most pattern blanks, especially the few in the US, are geared toward male measurements. Then, just as you are experiencing, in the early teens when the dimensional ratio differences between the boys and girls start to show up, so do the fitting problems.

First I would try calling Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service (817) 595-2090. Last I talked to him about this problem he carried a number of the off the shelf lines of the major European manufacturers. While I cannot guarantee success, he will try to work with you to get it sorted out.

If that does not pan out, I did the MTM thing with Sauer about 3 years ago, took about 7 weeks.

'Dude