Getting Back Into It ... can one mail order gunpowder?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Mako

Getting Back Into It ... can one mail order gunpowder?

Post by Mako »

I'm having trouble finding gunpowder in Los Angeles!

Can one mail order it ... specifically looking for Vihtavuori powder for my 9 mm loading.
RandomShotz

Re: Getting Back Into It ... can one mail order gunpowder?

Post by RandomShotz »

Sure - there are plenty of on-line sources, but I don't know the availability of your particular choice so commence Googling. Pistol/shotgun powder availability is spotty so it's pretty much take what you can get. There is also a per shipment hit for hazardous material transfer; I think I paid ~$38 last time so it pays to buy bulk if you can.

Roger
Mako

Post by Mako »

thanks ... according to my reloading store ... they can't keep anything in stock ... just like 22 ammo
Leon

Post by Leon »

Welcome back Mako - thought I hadn't seen a post from you for quite a while....
Mako

Post by Mako »

Gal got sick ... on the mend now. But no more racing for us ... so going to have some time and money left for some shooting. Not sure what though! I bought a Gen4 Glock34 ... always wanted one. So might do some Glock Sport Shooting Foundation matches.

Bought Karen a 10/22 Target ... got scope, trigger parts, etc. standing buy. Silhouette shooting ?

She's into it ... she had her own Ruger .38 Magnum before we even met!

I still have my air pistols and free pistol ... but sold my Bullseye/Standard/Center fire pistols.

And then a racing friend is really into Air Field Targets ... which is what I did before getting into International shooting and racing. He's practicing for the World Cups. We're going to meet up with him at a match on Sunday.

So ... we're really not sure what we're going to do yet. But I do know I want to load my own 9 mm target rounds ...
mld

Post by mld »

Interesting...

Here in Canada we can't find any pistol powder either. Or if it does show up it's sold out in minutes.

We thought the shooters in the United States were buying all that was available, but obviously that is not the case.

So where is it...?

BTW Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

mid wrote:We thought the shooters in the United States were buying all that was available, but obviously that is not the case.
Actually, I think it is the case. I have a standing request at one of the major on-line sellers for an email notification when Bullseye comes in. The last time I got an email, it was about an hour after it was sent and they were sold out. I contacted them and found out that they have a "limit" of three 8 pound kegs. There is plenty of Bullseye available on Gunbroker.com at a substantial markup over retail, so my guess is that some people are still hoarding and some are taking advantage of the distorted market to profiteer.

The manufacturers are supposedly going all out, but they can't keep up with demand let alone fill the pipeline. Ammo is also a messed up market - .380 ACP is ridiculously high because, I've been told, it is manufactured on the same lines that produce 9 mm Para and they can barely keep up with the 9 mm demand. Well, at least brass and primers are available ...

Roger
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Visit gun shows and collect contact info for ammo remanufacturers; they will often sell powder to the reloader. Also, visit this link everyday: http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/powder/ Lots of luck, dipnet
montster

Post by montster »

Monitoring gunbot and acting fast works out. I passed on vv n310 today because I have enough. So it does show up.