Hullo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Lil Stinkpot

Hullo

Post by Lil Stinkpot »

Lil here, tapping another resource, sniffing out more brains to pick. It certainly is a lot quieter here than in other forums I've been on.

Nothing fancy here, just another new-ish female shooter, figgerin' things out as they come. Been shooting for about, hmmm, about two years or so. I started with high power, but then made the mistake of trying smallbore as a training aide for high power, and fell in love with shooting smallbore. Now look where it got me .... a fancy gun, new friends, and an interesting new project. It's all good.

I don't plan to post much, I'm a bit of a casual poster, but sometimes I'll be in the mood to chat.

...... Who in their right mind WOULD post more than 60,000 characters?!?!?
<------ Top your left:
Message body:
Enter your message here, it may contain no more than 60000 characters.
jhmartin

Re: Hullo

Post by jhmartin »

Lil Stinkpot wrote:...... Who in their right mind WOULD post more than 60,000 characters?!?!?
<------ Top your left:
Message body:
Well, just ask the question on THE correct way to clean your new smallbore rifle, and some of the responses & responses to responses could easily reach 60K characters!
conradin

Post by conradin »

welcome. I do not believe there is a chat function on this system. But I have visited sites with the same system having a chat function. You can send a message to the site admin...
Lil Stinkpot

Post by Lil Stinkpot »

jhmartin wrote:
Lil Stinkpot wrote:...... Who in their right mind WOULD post more than 60,000 characters?!?!?
<------ Top your left:
Message body:
Well, just ask the question on THE correct way to clean your new smallbore rifle, and some of the responses & responses to responses could easily reach 60K characters!
You, sir, win the internet for the day. OK, I can see where some subjects can get long-winded.

Vince, I am sure that the site that hosts the board has a chat function available, for a cost, but I'll not rock the boat. Not just yet. I just meant chat about all things competition shooting via a community forum. ;)

Soooo, by the way, what IS the proper way to clean an Annie Match 54? :p
conradin

Post by conradin »

Dip a long cleaning rod into a pitcher plant. The brush end should have absorbed enough phytotelma to clean the barrel. Observe NRA safety rules and proceed to clean the barrel and chamber, etc. The natural organic cleaning liquid should dissolve any leftover slow and nicely. Ideal if you use high grade Eley rounds that use organic lubricants like bee wax. Hope it helps. I have never use that on my own Annie though so perhaps you should not take my words for it. I certainly don't.