Finally shot some matches

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

holmqer

Finally shot some matches

Post by holmqer »

After a few months of shooting an air pistol in my garage, I entered a local series of 10m matches with no idea what to expect from other shooters. So far I've shot 489, 483, 497 and 508 with the 497 coming in the state championship match.

I was hoping not to be too far behind the rest of the participants, and found to my amazement that I finished 6th out of 17 in the first match, and 8th out of 25 in the most recent. I was smack in the middle for the state championship. I almost did not sign up for the state championship match as I learned about it as I signed in for my first ever 10m match.

Local clubs hold a rotating two match per month series October through March.

I wish I had discovered this many years ago.
kevin

Re: Finally shot some matches

Post by kevin »

Hi first of all congrats on taking yr first steps of competing in yr first competitions. The scores are quite good and you will improve the further you grt on in yr competitions. Just enjoy and get a feel for it. Everything else will come.

kevin
Enjoy and have fun shooting