Hello from County Durham, England

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

kevin

Hello from County Durham, England

Post by kevin »

Evening all I have just started to shoot 10 metre Air Pistol Comps, and I will say im hooked. Looking forward to getting involved in some of the threads.

kevin
Enjoy and have fun shooting
David Levene

Re: Hello from County Durham, England

Post by David Levene »

Welcome to the forum Kevin.

Can I suggest that, to avoid confusion later, you update your profile to include your location.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Before you get too "involved", I think a Search before asking any questions would be very informative.

If you're thinking of asking, "Which pellet is best?", kill yourself now.
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi Rover I think I know the answer to the pellet question as all pistols are different and they like different pellets. Two people can have the same pistol but nine times out of ten they wont like the same pellets. Its a matter of trial and error and trying different pellets and brands. My pistol loves RWS R10 4.49 and yet for some reason it hates 4.50. I have had a browse around the forum and its best to check incase the answer is already there.
Anyway thanks for the welcome.

kevin
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Kevin: Welcome to the 10m sport. I wanted to let you and everyone know that I run a twice yearly air gun postal league that is open to anyone, anywhere at any skill level. The winter series is just under way, but people could still enter if they like. If anyone wants the flyer with all the info, please send me your name and mailing address. I have nothing on line and do things the old way. Don in Oregon at bawilli@comcast.net
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Welcome aboard Kevin. I find RWS Hobby to be a good all round target pellet, and very economical. I sometimes use R10 Match Pistol 4.5mm for special occasions, though I don't really think that they make any difference to my shooting.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi Wynne I must admit I am really happy with R10s and my FAS 604 likes these pellets too, great pellets.

kevin