I S S F Rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

I S S F Rules

Post by David Levene »

The ISSF have today published, electronically, the 3rd Printing of the 2013 Rules.

I understand that the only changes are to the Olympic Quota and Anti-Doping rules, but if anybody wants to check the other sections for changes from the 2nd Printing then please do ;-)
SteveR

Re: I S S F Rules

Post by SteveR »

I just hope the fact the General - Commands and Announcements For finals section is now empty isn't an indication that the finals are changing....

http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/rule ... ation.ashx#
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SteveR wrote:I just hope the fact the General - Commands and Announcements For finals section is now empty isn't an indication that the finals are changing....
I know many people who would not agree with you ;-)

The commands and announcements are slowly being refined until they find the most user-friendly combination.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I must be in the minority then :-) I actually think they are working pretty well at the moment, although I would probably change the 25M Pistol (women) final as I think its way too complicated.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SteveR wrote:.....although I would probably change the 25M Pistol (women) final ....
That's the one I was thinking of.
renzo

Post by renzo »

And looooooonnnnng..........

This year at my shooting club we held a top level match, and the 25 meter women pistol finals was exactly 60 shots long (12 series)

Too much, in my opinion.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

renzo wrote:This year at my shooting club we held a top level match, and the 25 meter women pistol finals was exactly 60 shots long (12 series)
That was quick.

I was the classification officer for the 25m Pistol at the Commonwealth Games.

Semi-final, 5 series (as normal)
Bronze medal match, 9 series
Gold medal match, 5 series

According to the men from Sius Ascor that equalled the longest final they had ever seen (at the time).

At our national championships they (stupidly in my opinion) decided to run the final on turning targets.

The total time for the semi-final and the medal matches was 1 hour 50 minutes ;-(

IMHO the other rifle & pistol finals are brilliant; this one needs some work to shorten it (but I doubt whether that will happen before Rio)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

David Levene wrote:
renzo wrote:
That was quick.

I was the classification officer for the 25m Pistol at the Commonwealth Games.

Semi-final, 5 series (as normal)
Bronze medal match, 9 series
Gold medal match, 5 series
The confusion of the spectators was also telling, even the knowledgable crowd was totally baffled. I gave up trying to explain the rules to someone who had never watched a finals before. Although it did provide an fantastic fight back by the AUS shooter.

I wonder if the mens RF Pistol (which is already exciting) could be improved further with reactive targets ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

David Levene wrote: At our national championships they (stupidly in my opinion) decided to run the final on turning targets.

The total time for the semi-final and the medal matches was 1 hour 50 minutes ;-(
Here in New Zealand, at our last 2 Nationals, we have run the 25m sport Pistol finals on paper targets (that's all we've got!) and can do it in about 1 hour. We speed it up by pre-marking the 10.2 on the targets (simply draw a ring, it makes the calling fast) and have the gold medal and bronze medal "duels" run simultaneously.

But, I agree with the others that this is the dud of the new finals. They should change it so that one shooter is eliminated per series until the last pair just like all the other finals.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Looks like the ISSF Rules amendments and interpretation has started to be updated, now showing date of 13th Jan 2015 for Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and Running Target.

http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/rule ... ation.ashx
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SteveR wrote:Looks like the ISSF Rules amendments and interpretation has started to be updated, now showing date of 13th Jan 2015 for Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and Running Target.

http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/rule ... ation.ashx
It's really just updates on the various manuals, RO Training, Shoe testing, Velocity testing, Classification etc.

Not really much for non-officials to worry about (although shooters might find them interesting)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Looks like the Commands / Announcements have also just been released (yesterday)

Unless I am mistaken there are some minor changes - so far it seems they have removed the '10' and '5' second announcements towards the end of the finals shot time ?