Shooting shops in Nuremberg?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

tsokasn

Shooting shops in Nuremberg?

Post by tsokasn »

Hey everyone!

I am going to visit Nuremberg(Germany) in December and I was wondering if you could point me some shops with shooting equipment...

Thank you!
tsokasn

Re: Shooting shops in Nuremberg?

Post by tsokasn »

Nobody...?
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

Sorry, didn't see that question earlier. There are some, not many gun-shops in Nurenberg (Nürnberg in german writing), but some perhaps worth visiting during a stay there.

Via this link you see all shops connected to the German Gun-Dealers and Gunsmith's Organisation VDB:
http://www.vdb-waffen.de/de/fachgeschae ... nberg&s_b=
Sorry, only in german, but you will find the addresses and mostly also the websites there.

I would recommend the bigger ones like Frankonia or Alljagd/Rabitsch. Both belong to larger retail-shop-chains and have normally more stuff on display. In both you can also get huge catalogues to study and dream (maybe not) about german guns on the flight back home. Or perhaps better not in the plane...

If you include the nearby towns Erlangen and Fürth, you find some more, for example http://www.waffen-koenig.de/ in Fürth (which is quite a part of Nürnberg).
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hello Ulrich.
I checked the site but I couldn't find anything for our kind of shooting(10m air rifle or 50m 3p)
I was thinking of a new jacket,perhaps a pair of new pants too!
Do you know any shop for our sport?
Thank you for the interest!
Jimro

Post by Jimro »

I have not yet shopped in Nurnberg for air rifle supplies, but I know there are two shops in Amberg south of Grafenwoer, one of which carries coats and pants.

The hardest part I think is that many of the smaller air rifle/sporting goods stores don't have an online e-store associated with them. I've found more sporting goods stores by just walking around city ceners and marktplatz areas. Not being a German speaker I appreciate all the locals who have mastered English enough to sell me stuff.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I expect that you'll find what you are looking for in Nurnburg if you ask a local.

Jimro
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Thank's for the input Jimro.
I'll check the location you mentioned.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Hallo,

i have not much knowledge about shooting sport suppliers in that region of Germany, but if this question is still current, then i can ask some shooters there.

But you have to know that most of the smaller suppliers have not so much assortment in theirs shops if it comes to shooting clothing and not many have really experience doing the right measurements for custom made shooting clothing.

One of the biggest dealers in the south of Germany is Holme. But theirs central office is in Erding near Munich and they have smaller shops in Schweinfurt und Tittmoning and there is also a small shop in 91099 Poxdorf. This is not so far from Nürnberg but beware the biggest assortment is only in the central office in Erding.

http://www.holme.de/

http://www.holme.de/uberuns.html

Last tip: If you decide to travel to Erding than you can also visit our Olympia range in Munich Hochbrueck. Its not so far from Erding.

Regards from Western-Germany

Frank
mjmarz

Post by mjmarz »

Not too far north is Suhl. There many custom gunmakers hold forth and are more than proud to show their creations. The museum is also a must see. Well worth the few extra hours to get there. This is the home of many of the German marques. If you need a recommendation for a affordable housing, we stayed in a local inn in Zela Mehlis which I would recommend if you really want the local flavor of the area.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Hello!
Been to Nurnberg,loved it a lot...
BUT due to limited free time (went with my wife and 3 years old son) I only had the chance to see Frankonia and Rabbitsche.
Only Frankonia had some some pants and coats but nothing that could get my attention.
Thank you everyone for the input!