Fund Raiser Idea

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

kaban56

Fund Raiser Idea

Post by kaban56 »

Hi All,

As a student target shooting club, we have a fundraising opportunity to show a movie at no cost to us but charge for tickets (long story....not relevant)
What would be a good movie to show that relates to our Olympic/international shooting sports?

Basically, we are at the crossroads:
1. Show a movie that relates to international shooting sports (be true to our mission statement) or even to just an Olympic movement.
2. Show a blockbuster that we know will attract the most people and hence raise the most money for the club

Any suggestion are appreciated.....let's keep it clean ;)
kaban56

Re: Fund Raiser Idea

Post by kaban56 »

Thank you!

This is what I'm thinking. The goal is to raise money. We can raise awareness about the sport during our public exhibitions....
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I'd say go for the money. You can have team members at the movie, thanking the other students for coming, available to answer questions, etc.

I took a lot of my friends (and friends of friends) to the range to try target shooting when I was in college. That's a more effective route to promote the shooting sports, IMO.

It seems like the entire topic of firearms ownership has become so politicized nowadays that otherwise-rational people become pants-on-head stupid when it's brought up. Best to steer away from a potentially divisive topic for a fundraiser, and promote the sport through other means.

Good luck!
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Have you asked the movie theater if you could put in your own 2min preview and make a short clip of the club? In the off chance they let you, you can get both of your options in one. Can't hurt to ask.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I don't think you'll find any films on the international shooting sports.

My advice? Do a blockbuster film...but in the classic style. Meaning a cartoon, a newsreel, and the feature film. Then do a 5-min spiel on the sport as the newsreel.