MegaLink Matters forum

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

rmarsh

MegaLink Matters forum

Post by rmarsh »

Maybe I missed some announcement about the new MegaLink Matters forum. Who is considered to be a Licensed user? Someone who owns a Megalink target along with the software license?

I think a forum to discuss the targets and their use, issues, maintenance, etc.... Is a great idea. There might be more participation if there was an explanation about who can participate and how to register. Yes, I am a licensed megalink user.

Why restrict this to licensed users anyway?
Rick Marsh

Vice-Chairman
USA Shooting Board of Directors
justadude

Re: MegaLink Matters forum

Post by justadude »

I have kind of wondered the same thing.

The section appeared, I clicked and got the message about not having access to that section and I just kind of moved on.

I too am a MegaLink owner. When I have had issues (very few and far between) a quick email to Richard seems to be all it takes to get it taken care of so I have not gotten too concerned about the section.

It is odd though, no instructions or "go here to register"

'Dude
Abi

Post by Abi »

Me too.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Likewise, strange that you cannot register. As for closing it to non-users, well I suppose that it stops people trying to use it for the self promotion of other systems.

Rutty
m1963

Post by m1963 »

We use the SIUS targeting system. Would the addition of an option, in the forum, that allows for review/comparison of all current electronic targeting systems help to elevate the discussion in this area? Elite Scorer, Mega Link, Meyton, SCATT (?), SIUS, etc.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Having no idea what criteria was used for creating the Mega Link forum we are unsure if the following idea has merit. We use the SIUS targeting system. Would the addition of an option, in the forum, that allows for review/comparison of all current electronic targeting systems help to elevate the discussion in this area? Elite Scorer, Mega Link, Meyton, SCATT (?), SIUS, etc.
Not a bad idea, but it would need moderating to exclude the rather annoying posts that are simply thinly disguised advertising. As for comparison and review, well you can ask for information in the general forums but I feel that an electronic forum ought to be confined to sharing information between existing owner\operators.

Rutty
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Unfortunately things are taking a lot l o n g e r than anticipated to get this forum upgrade done. I am very frustrated about this, but I really don't know what to. It is what it is for now.....

As to the MEGAlink section, once the rest of the forum is function correctly, then I have some things to do to it so it can be used.

Why restrict to registered owners/users ? Because it is intended to be a help resource for those who use the system. If you don't own one, you probably can't help some who does, so why create an environment for trolls?

General questions for prospective owners can easily be answered here in Shooters Lounge as it always has been.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Sir-

You may be frustrated by delays that we do not see. I, for one, am very pleased to have a forum where I can discuss my hobby/passion with others. Thank you,

Respectfully Submitted,
m1963/Brad
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

m1963 wrote:Sir-

You may be frustrated by delays that we do not see. I, for one, am very pleased to have a forum where I can discuss my hobby/passion with others. Thank you,

Respectfully Submitted,
m1963/Brad

Well said Brad. As the OP of this thread it was not intention to be critical. Only to inquire about the status of the megalink forum.
Rick Marsh

Vice-Chairman
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

In the absence of access to the Megalink Forum, does anyone know how to create new defaults for the Motor Frequency and Motor Length settings on the Course of Fire form?
Thanks,
Rutty
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Rutty wrote:In the absence of access to the Megalink forum, does anyone know how to create new defaults for the Motor Frequency and Motor Length settings on the Course of fire form?
Thanks,
Rutty

On my units, once you set the motor frequency and length, It stays at that setting even if I go to another course of fire and come back. Although, mine will occasionally just set itself to something weird like " big bore and no advance" when shooting air. I don't know of a way to reset the defaults though.
Rick Marsh

Vice-Chairman