air force edge help

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

toyjunk

air force edge help

Post by toyjunk »

My son shoot 3 position for 4H. We bought an edge several years back. Looking for accuracy suggestions. I am really discussed with the rifle. I paid Good for it. Never fails for some reason at least one meet a year it will not fire strong enough to make pellet exit the barrel. This has cost us several times. We scored 3rd in the state last year and rifle had 3 fliers? You can put rifle in a vise and get 3-5 exact shots then 3-5 around the clock. I bought an extra tank and its never worked right.
Andre

Re: air force edge help

Post by Andre »

That's the problem with the AFAG edge. The barrels are crap, and getting a different talk won't help.
You can't get a new barrel, upgrading it will be considered a modification and will put it out of the sporter class category. Sorry, but I think your toast.

I'd sell it before your son gets frustrated in it and get a Crosman Challenger. best Sporter air rifle on the market.
toyjunk

Re: air force edge help

Post by toyjunk »

What sucks it has always shot like this!