Help with pricing Anschutz 1407 accessories

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Blazin

Help with pricing Anschutz 1407 accessories

Post by Blazin »

I have an Anschutz 1407 I will be selling on Gunbroker later this month, problem is I do not know how to price the accessories, which I want to offer to the winner bidder of the rifle. Can you please give me a clue what a reasonable price is for each of the following items? They are all original late 70's/early 80's vintage.
1. Complete Anschutz rear sight with glare tube and Gehmann click adjustable diopter - light rust on the dovetail knobs that cleaned right up, othewise nice shape
2. Complete Anschutz front sight with clear insert and level bubble - dovetail screw head is functional but chewed up, as is the level bubble screw
3. 10-X shooting glove - used, but functional
4. Anschutz 4405 torque wrench - nice shape, some light wear but no rust
5. Freeland leather sling - functional, some writing on it

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:
Last edited by Blazin on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corning

Re: Help with pricing Anschutz 1407 accessories

Post by corning »

Why not just up the price of the rifle a bit and include all the stuff with it? It then becomes a more usable package for the winner of the rifle. Beyond that, the accessories don't sound like they are in pristine condition, and that may make them less desirable, with a lower price.
Blazin

Post by Blazin »

corning wrote:Why not just up the price of the rifle a bit and include all the stuff with it? It then becomes a more usable package for the winner of the rifle. Beyond that, the accessories don't sound like they are in pristine condition, and that may make them less desirable, with a lower price.
Yes sir, that is always an option.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Selling stuff as a bundle as corning has noted is always an option.

I have noted that for the buyer whole bundles seems to leave folks who have all the stuff and are just looking for a new rifle on the sidelines. For the seller, there is the added hassle of trying to sell the rest of the stuff a la carte.

Market conditions vary, the identical rear sight that sat for 2 months before it sold ends up selling in a day at a higher price when someone with the need stars looking.

My own take, for what I might expect on your stuff:

Rear sights: usually about $150
That polarizer / glare tube in the front is not worth much. Popular for a few years, most have been tossed into old stuff bins or just plain tossed.
Gehman Iris: assuming it still works smoothly and has not gotten stiff $50, perhaps $65.

Front sight: try for $40, your looks a little dirty and beat up. Also, keep in mind that this will only fit the 14xx and 18xx rifles, 19xx and up have dovetails cut into the barrel.
Anti-glare tube and spirit level, the glare tube $10-$15
Spirit level $25 to $50. Some of the new ones are quite spendy

Torque wrench looks to be in good shape. New Anschutz push $100. Probably $50-$65

Used non-ISSF Glove: frankly even if they don't look bad, used gloves are just nasty. For skin hygiene reasons, this is one piece of equipment I do not recommend buying used. Your glove might be worth $10. Don't have the heart to toss it? bundle it with the sling.

Sling say $25, perhaps up to $45.

These estimates are exactly that, just estimates, or what I have seen stuff go for or what I might tell some local parents to reasonably pay for a used piece of gear. I sold off most of my extra gear a few years back so don't know how active the current markets are. The other thing is how long you are willing to sit on something before it sells. Sure you can go for top dollar, say 75% of what something might cost new and you will likely sit on the item for some time. Starting around 50% of new price will usually move something fairly quickly.

You have to ask yourself, are you concerned with top dollar or clearing out the space? If you are concerned about top dollar you can always start high and come down if something is not moving.

Just my 2 cents

'Dude
Blazin

Post by Blazin »

Thanks Dude, great detail, helps a lot.