Morini screw driver

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TommyH

Morini screw driver

Post by TommyH »

Hi all

Left my small Morini screw driver on the shooting table at my club, when I realised, I thought someone would hand it in but they didn't they walked off with it (same as stealing in my book). Have tried to buy a new one but with no success. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tom
Rover

Post by Rover »

You've so got your knickers in a twist over a chintzy screwdriver that you have to tell the world about it?
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Rover wrote:You've so got your knickers in a twist over a chintzy screwdriver that you have to tell the world about it?
Says the guy with 2700 posts
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

john bickar wrote:
Rover wrote:
You've so got your knickers in a twist over a chintzy screwdriver that you have to tell the world about it?

Troll
conradin

Post by conradin »

Just call ANY dealer around the world to send you a replacement.
dronning

Re: Morini screw driver

Post by dronning »

TommyH wrote:Hi all

..... Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tom
North?

Sorry, fat pitch, had to swing.

Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
j-team

Post by j-team »

Get a Steyr or Pardini, then you don't need a screw driver to adjust your sights!
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

Just call ANY dealer around the world to send you a replacement.
Thanks Conradin

Some are obviously wondering why I'm at all bothered over a screw driver, but it's not just any old screw driver, it's a component that belongs to an expensive piece of kit. I thought about replacing it with 'similar' but I cannot find one with the same dimensions to fit into the cut-out in the Morini box. The supplier (Scottish based) I bought my Morini from in the first place are tied up with the commonwealth games and won't be answering orders for a while.

Thanks

Tom
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

TommyH wrote:The supplier (Scottish based) I bought my Morini from in the first place are tied up with the commonwealth games and won't be answering orders for a while.
According to his web site it's back to normal on Wednesday. Not too long to wait.
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

According to his web site it's back to normal on Wednesday. Not too long to wait.
Thanks David, I bought a cheap one yesterday that is too thin for the cut-out but will suffice for now.

I hope the thief who took my property is reading this - 'what goes around comes around' fellah!

Tom
Andre

Post by Andre »

Rant removed.
Last edited by Andre on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Andre,

to add a little perspective, Tommy is English. His range will be a private one, owned by a club (although sometimes shared). It's not a pay and shoot range open to the public. His screwdriver has been stolen by a fellow club member, whom he knows, not some random member of the public. This is why the theft rankles.

I once thought a fellow club member had stolen an allen key, only to find it two months later in a Gehmann catalogue, where I had used it as a page marker.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Tim S wrote:Andre,

to add a little perspective, Tommy is English. His range will be a private one, owned by a club (although sometimes shared). It's not a pay and shoot range open to the public. His screwdriver has been stolen by a fellow club member, whom he knows, not some random member of the public. This is why the theft rankles.

I once thought a fellow club member had stolen an allen key, only to find it two months later in a Gehmann catalogue, where I had used it as a page marker.
I did not know that, thank you!
Sorry about than Tom, I didn't mean to offend you. Hopefully it slows up!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just ask around. Probably someone didn't think it worth mentioning.
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

I did not know that, thank you!
Sorry about than Tom, I didn't mean to offend you. Hopefully it slows up
No offense taken - just that there's a saying I strongly believe in "if it's not yours, don't take it", if I was a thief then I suppose I wouldn't be too bothered but I'm not, I have very strong issues with dishonesty

Tom
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

If it's anything like most of my clubs someone probably picked it up, put it somewhere safe for you and then forgot all about it. I'd just ask around.

Alan
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

BigAl wrote:If it's anything like most of my clubs someone probably picked it up, put it somewhere safe for you and then forgot all about it. I'd just ask around.
I asked around the next time I went, the consensus was; "if it's not nailed down in here then it goes missing"

Anyway, I've joined a new club now, it's a state of the art club in Wigan. For the first time last week I stood in a line of other shooters firing at a target (had only ever seen that on you-tube before). The target was retrievable electronically, the club members I met are nice. The gentleman next to me had a Morini, the one on the other side of me had a Steyr (first time I've ever seen one in real life). I was mentored for the first night and they seemed satisfied with my conduct, am really looking forward to my next shoot on Thursday. To think of what I endured in the cold, dark basement of the last club (I mentioned in an older thread that I blew the lights one night warming my hands up with a hair dryer) and I always had the feeling I was being watched, in what was a 150 year old warehouse, as I was mainly the only one ever down there - perhaps it was a ghost that took my screw driver!

Tom
scausi

Post by scausi »

The gentleman next to me had a Morini,
Tom[/quote]
Maybe the gentleman next to you was a visitor at your old club and he took your screwdriver because he lost his.
Come on its a screwdriver move on.
.S.
doughert@ptd.net

Post by doughert@ptd.net »

TommyH

Post by TommyH »

Come on its a screwdriver move on.
Yeah - I think you're right, let's put this to bed, I'll go and watch the news, sure there'll be someone in the world worse off!

Tom

(Doughhert - thanks for the link)