Are there reports of catastrophic cylinder failures??

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robf

Re: Are there reports of catastrophic cylinder failures??

Post by robf »

FredB wrote:
Sorry I'm not meeting your standards for evidence. There are dozens and dozens of non-removable (and removable) cylinder non-10M PCP models, and they're made by dozens of companies in a dozen countries. Just off the top of my head there's BSA, Daystate, Air Arms, Theoben, Hatsan, Crosman, Benjamin, Air Force, Mrodair, and various Korean and Chinese products sold under several names. I have not checked their current offerings or their websites because I'm not very interested in their products, but a quick look at, for example, Pyramyd's website will provide specifics about the wide range of available products.
AFIAK Theoben don't exist anymore and Hatsan, Crosman, Benjamin, Air Force aren't EU/UK manufactured, so wont comply neccesarily to EU regs.

But pics on Google suggest that Daystates are stamped and so are BSA's. I'm not sure about the new AA ftp900, i'll see if i can see one at the weekend. But it would appear that the removable cylinders on the s200's are stamped as well.

So perhaps there's something in regs about fixed cylinders.

But it would appear that so far, all the removable cylinders whether in 10m, or used on guns which use cylinders not used in 10m, (like the DS and BSA buddy bottles), are stamped.
Rover

Re: Are there reports of catastrophic cylinder failures??

Post by Rover »

conradin wrote:Surely the rule will make a lot of money for all the manufacturers. Sort of like automobile manufacturers who always motivate people to "upgrade". In this case "newer".
Worked on you, didn't it! You were so terrified you trashed your cylinders.