Eurovision and the World Championships

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

IPshooter

Eurovision and the World Championships

Post by IPshooter »

I received a message from the ISSF about Eurovision carrying some live coverage of the upcoming World Championships. My cable company does not seem to carry this programming.

Does anyone know if there is a Web site where this coverage might be downloaded via streaming, etc.?

TIA

Stan
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

ISSF TV will be filming the World Championships and you can watch it online.

Results can be monitored on SIUS results at http://results.sius.com/Championships.aspx

ISSF TV typically shows the Finals for each event. Since this is a World Championship, many events will not have finals, so only SIUS results would be available.

Hope this helps.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Thanks, Marc.

I was hoping there might be some live coverage of the finals, but it does not appear that will be the case.

Stan
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

In a way, it is kinda live. SIUS results shows the scores updated every 30 seconds or so.

ISSF TV does the entire finals, but they do a little editing to make the whole thing a little smoother. So, it doesn't get out until a while after the final, but it is well worth watching.
flolo

Post by flolo »

Eurovision is not a tv-channel! It simply means that all european tv- stations have access to and can broadcast the programs that are in eurovision. So, as long as you have access to any tv-channel in europe, except maybe the private ones, you should be able to watch the events. But there's also the possibility that tv doesnt even cover it, as there are weapons involved...
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

I see where the confusion is. ISSF have set up a feed to Eurovision in addition to their in-house ISSF-TV platform that they run themselves.

Eurovision is a platform from the European Broadcasting Union to distribute content. National broadcasters and networks may or may not choose to subscribe to the ISSF feed. Depending - broadly - whether they think they have an audience for it and whether they can sell advertising on it.

Obviously results will appear from Sius as usual and I imagine footage will be available online unless someone like Sky or EuroSport snaps up an exclusive license for coverage that precludes them streaming it for free, but I can't imagine them offering that much money.