Over-the-Top Customer Service from Buck

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Scrench

Over-the-Top Customer Service from Buck

Post by Scrench »

The LP10 I just bought was jumping out of the Fire position back up into the Training position, requiring me to use a short fat rubber band between the trigger guard and the end of the cocking lever to keep the breech closed. I was all ready to either buy a new cocking lever, figuring it was worn out, or send it to Pilk for repair. I called them with the intent of either one of those, but Jessica told me to wait and talk to Buck first.

A very short time later, Buck calls me and describes exactly what was wrong and how to fix it over the phone. It took 15 seconds to actually make the repair. Buck waited patiently while I grabbed for tools, located the parts to play with, and took the grip off. The kicker is, I didn't buy this used gun from Pilk. I just had a problem, and Buck came to the rescue on his own.

Buck, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your taking the time from your busy schedule to help me with this, and will forever be grateful.

Folks, if this isn't customer service, nothing is.

Best Regards to Pilk,

Richard Harris
conradin

Post by conradin »

Was it the place that I asked you to adjust or another part?
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

Different place entirely, on top of the gun, and shroud had to be adjusted.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Scrench wrote:Different place entirely, on top of the gun, and shroud had to be adjusted.
I think I know where it is then. But can you point it out to me using the blowup diagram from the manual?
I always thought it has something to do with the grip adjustment though.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

conradin wrote:
Scrench wrote:Different place entirely, on top of the gun, and shroud had to be adjusted.
I think I know where it is then. But can you point it out to me using the blowup diagram from the manual?
I always thought it has something to do with the grip adjustment though.

How about a video from Steyr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyjqpemief4

One countersunk hole is slightly offset so the head of the screw draws the barrel in towards the bolt.

Pretty good video, the background music is kind of strange however. Their Youtube videos are a good reference.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

SamEEE,

That, is exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. They should have titled it "Adjusting the barrel and cocking lever". One fine point left out though, is that a very small gap, say 1mm or so is supposed to be between the shroud cover and the breech cover that they unscrewed. Mine was tight up against the cover and wouldn't allow the two adjustment screws to turn until I pulled the shroud cover away from it.

Agree on the music, I guess it was intended to get you into that Zen, meditative state of repair technician.

Thank you for the reference.

Scrench