World Masters Games 2017

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Spencer

World Masters Games 2017

Post by Spencer »

David M

Post by David M »

Bugger.......the Kiwi's appear to have dropped the ball.
RossM

Post by RossM »

Yes we have dropped the ball.

Since the Defence Force closed the Ardmore range so their secret black force could train to their hearts content without civvies watching them Auckland does not even have a 50m range within 150km.

As a shooter in this country I am ashamed and I apologise to you all.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

That's too bad. I would have come to New Zealand to shoot.
Shooter

2017 WMG

Post by Shooter »

I would suggest that everyone send them an email asking about rifle and pistol, which I have done a few days ago. If they get enough questions, they may add something. There has to be some place to shoot besides shotgun. Don in Oregon
j-team

Post by j-team »

We are working on it but range availability is an issue. Currently we only have 14x 10m bays, 16x 25m bays and 10x 50m bays.

Hopefully there will be some good news to come, but in the mean time, send an email as suggested in the above post.
David M

Post by David M »

With Ardmore closed to civil use, is Hamilton Pistol Club a possibility ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

David M wrote:With Ardmore closed to civil use, is Hamilton Pistol Club a possibility ?
Auckland has ranges with the capacity mentioned above, which are equal to or better than Hamilton.

The problem lies with the organisation side and the seeming lack of will shown by the NZ Shooting Federation and the WMG organising committee to sort out a workable soulution. It's an attitude thing, sometimes it's easier to find reason why you can't do something rather than finding reason why you can.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Here's the predictable response.

Feel free to email them and tell them what you think.
RossM

Post by RossM »

Thanks to those boys and girls up in Auckland who are part of the Disabled shooting sports with their fund raising, organisation and enthusiasm, they have built up a quality 10m range with about 15 mounds and are in the process of acquiring electronic targets. THATS where those targets are coming from!

I DO wish that the able bodied of Auckland could organise a suitable range up there.

After all, there are a million people within 100km of the place.

Imagine it is a brewery. Now, organise a pissup. :-) Please.
j-team

Post by j-team »

RossM wrote:I DO wish that the able bodied of Auckland could organise a suitable range up there.

After all, there are a million people within 100km of the place.

Imagine it is a brewery. Now, organise a pissup. :-) Please.
What?, like that fantastic range you have there in Wellington?
RossM

Post by RossM »

Nope Jas, "We" - and I DO mean the NZ "We" - should have a wolkd class range ANYWHERE in the country. There was one once up in Auckland. It wented. We can talk about supercities and council changes but it is bloody close to 10 years since was closed.

To litigate why it hasn't happened is not worth while. Being 700km away does not make it an easy task to assist from here. Therefore it is up to you and your fellow Aucklanders to sort it out.
j-team

Post by j-team »

RossM wrote:Being 700km away does not make it an easy task to assist from here. Therefore it is up to you and your fellow Aucklanders to sort it out.
OK, you can assist from 700kms away. Just send us the $2 million we need thanks. Oh, and while you are at it, show us where to find the 10,000m2 piece of suitable land that will get resource consent for a range too. Because no-one up here is doing any of that, we thought we would just sit here and hope a new range grows out fo the grass...

No offence Ross, but you being 700kms away is probably a good thing for Auckland.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Um...
Boys - is this the right public forum?