New disabled air pistol shooter looking for a coach

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

billbecher

New disabled air pistol shooter looking for a coach

Post by billbecher »

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and am looking for a coach in the Albuquerque-Santa Fe area. I'm a new shooter interested in 10m air pistol. I'm a T10 paraplegic (no motor control below the waist) but full upper body control. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Bill Becher
Bill Becher
Will Hart

Post by Will Hart »

Bill, welcome to the shooting sports!

Contact Bob Foth at the Olympic Training Center in CO: Bob.Foth@usashooting.org

He can assist you in finding a coach in your area.

Best of luck in 10m!

Will
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Contact the NRA Disabled Shooters Services at:
dallen@nrahq.orgdallen@nrahq.org
I believe they have a bigger program than USA Shooting.
Go to the Disabled Shooters Services web site, you will find the rules and medical forms you will need.
But contact both venues.
A good air gun coach should be able to get you started.
Good luck with your shooting.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

contact both but NRA won't be much help and you shouldn't need any forms. Find any local club that shoots 10m and you will be welcomed. I'm a T2 and compete in able bodied as well as para events. No difference at all in what you need to learn compared to an able bodied shooter. Many more opportunities with USA Shooting if you are serious and committed. Early on I had the opportunity to train one on one with Will Hart at the OTC and heading to World Championships in a couple weeks. Bob is really hard to get in touch with though. At National championships this week, home a week or so and then to Germany so be patient. Find a local club and everyone will welcome you. If you are a veteran, there are additional opportunities.