Here is a quote from Brad Holt

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shootright

Here is a quote from Brad Holt

Post by shootright »

Brad's bio: http://tactrainers.com/methods.php
"In each of these years I continue to win or finish near the top of most local matches and I enjoy the competition very much. At this point I have shot over 1.3 million BB's in practice. Without airsoft it would have been too expensive to get to this level. I think airsoft is the best way to practice for competition, self defense or just to maintain your skills.
Brad Holt
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I want argue that air is avery good replacement for powder training, but I wonder if this guy could hold his own against the average AP shooter on this board.

I used to sponsor and run an event for the NRA at the Bianchi Cup, called Air Strike, using Steyr LP50 and the 10 meter falling plate system. 95% of those guys, could not hold the white one handed, and could not hold the black one handed. This was on the sight in target with no pressure.

Very sad display of marksmanship skills at a pistol national championship.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I have an Airsoft gun I train with in Japan. It is a bit too light weight, and has a lighter trigger than I would like, but if my triggering is correct , the shot is usually a good one.

Hey, it Japan it is all I can have, but I leave it over there, and shoot mostly my LP 50 here in the U S.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Checked out the site, but as a beginner shooter I think I'll stick with a Steyr LP50C and Ed Hall's progressive drills at 10m on 10m targets. http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t2071-what ... ange#11435 Maybe when I get more experienced I'll desire things that go "ting" and move. I figure I got to learn to hit stuff first, then hit it fast, underwater, upside-down, etc.

All those run around games seem unrealistic without the range being two-way.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

In my opinion, the run and gun people don't learn how to shoot from their shoulder, and they also usually have poorly developed triggering skills.
Again, in my opinion, the LP 50 bullseye version has one of the nicest triggers around for developing your precision skills.
Peter B

Apples & Oranges

Post by Peter B »

If you think it is so easy try it. Years ago I did that and steel plates. I could run a rack of 6 plates in 2.5 sec and when I shot against the run and gun guys I might have been middle of the pack. I was shooting Bullseye at the same time in the 850s and never had to think about trigger control. We can appreciate other shooting sports and still enjoy our own, after all it is all in good fun. Reminber, united we stand.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Not saying it is easy, just doesn't require the same skills as Precision shooting.

When the run and gun shooters shoot precision for the first time, they don't finish middle of the pack generally.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Our local top action shooter claims to do much of his core training in ISSF air pistol