Anschutz rear sight model numbers

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

PaulB

Anschutz rear sight model numbers

Post by PaulB »

Over the 40+ years that I have been using Anschutz rifles there have been about six different rear sights. Is there a resource that lists the model numbers of all the Anschutz rear sights, hopefully with pictures. If not, I will attempt to take pictures of all of mine and post them here for people to identify.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

It's not that difficult:

From oldest to newest:

6700 - Steel body L shaped. Windage screw is in front of elevation. Has dual windage turrets, loosen one, turn the other.

6702 "International" Steel body L shaped. Developed from the 6700. has a single windage turret with click stop adjustment. Standsard from the 1960s through to 1980s. 60's and early '70s examples have a perspex elevation/windage gauge. '70s and '80s models have a bar on the windage turret.

6705 "Standard" alloy body. Windage is behind the elevation screw. Primarily found on 10m AR and Staandard rifles.

6802 - 1980s development of the 6702. Mechanically identical, but larger adjustment turrets, and smaller clamp screws.

6805 "Match"- 1980s development of the 6705. Has the same larger turrets and smaller clap as the 6805. Most examples have a built in plastic anti-glare tube.

6804 - Version of the 6805, has a shorter clamp with a single screw.

7002 "Universal" New sight for the 1990s. Has a separate clamping section allowing sight ton be rotated to compensate for cant.