Off-Call Rika Shots

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rich4H

Off-Call Rika Shots

Post by Rich4H »

I've been having issues with my Rika's POI drifting to the right and some plain off-call shots as well. Any ideas as to what may be causing these problems?

I don't have these problems when I put bullets through paper. I duct taped the sensor cord straight back to the gun and made sure the sensor strap was tight.

Thanks.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Drift... I'm curious what others see as well.

Our SCATT seems to drift, mostly in standing. I blame the bump bump of putting it on the stand after every shot, which doesn't happen in prone or kneeling. And small changes in position change the location of the sensor in 3D space. That changes the center even though the shot may be perfect.
Rich4H

Post by Rich4H »

Yes, I have noticed that moving forward or backward ruins the zero too.

I'll keep an eye on my position, but usually I put my feet in the spots on the rug.

Maybe I am unknowingly hitting the sensor.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

I've just seen this... You're not alone. Despite my best efforts I couldn't get an answer from RIKA that convinced me on this subject; and this despite having sent the unit back to Germany from the UK for testing and repair.

It's a long saga, but a shooter in Ireland also reported this online elsewhere and I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth pursuing and bought a Noptel instead :-( As the transport back from Germany and assessment costs we're building up, I just left it with them and heard nothing more...

Sorry to be so negative, but it drove me mad and was putting me off training, so I had to leave it behind.

If you've since found a solution, please do post it, as I might then resurrect the project.
PeteJ
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I've done two things that seemed to help.
I first start the unit up and let it "warm" up for 30 minutes.
I hung a small ball on a string so that I can have a reference to keep the gun in the same place for each shot. My drift has gone away.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

I'm glad to hear you've found a solution that works for you. I've heard theories about variable cant and IR interference and the need for a component fix but not warm up or movement.

Ours seemed to drift however long it was on and if anything got worse over time.

RIKA first said that it needed new connectors, which I queried, as I couldn't understand how this could cause drift. I suggested I could change connectors far more cheaply myself.

After a period of silence from RIKA, a second test was reported to have shown a component issue as well. However, despite several requests, it was never explained to me what the basis of the problem was and I was left believing that the problem was possibly inherent in the design.

We were using it for prone rifle, so being in the same position for every shot definitely wasn't the issue for us.

So the mystery continues...
PeteJ