California State Indoor Free Pistol Championship Match

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bummer7

California State Indoor Free Pistol Championship Match

Post by bummer7 »

Palo Alto Rod & Gun Club is hosting the California State Indoor Free Pistol Championship on Sunday, September 20th, 2009. Match program and entry form can be downlooaded from http://crpa.sfdirt.com/

-s
david alaways

free pistol

Post by david alaways »

But I have NO bullets to shoot with ! And thats not a joke, in our summer 900 matches some shooters r only shooting 30 rounds. Whos hogging all the bullets!
Spencer

Re: free pistol

Post by Spencer »

david alaways wrote:But I have NO bullets to shoot with ! And thats not a joke, in our summer 900 matches some shooters r only shooting 30 rounds. Whos hogging all the bullets!
it's worse at the end of the supply chain (i.e. across the Pacific) - I asked again yesterday and informed that Federal 714 .22LR is ' unlikely' in 2009...
spencer
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Too bad I'm on the wrong coast. I have ammo and may have a chance of winning if no one else shows up!
Ben
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

Shortage or not - it doesn't mean we've stop shooting and/or competing. It just means we ration ourselves, dry fire more, and shoot smarter.

David, Spencer, and FreePistol;
if you come and shoot - I'll be happy to give each of you 100 rounds from my stash. How's that for an incentive? :)

-s
Rover

Post by Rover »

Good on you, bummer7!!!

Don't let the weenie whining deter you from having a good event. Let them feel bad AFTER you've kicked butt.

Adding air pistol would be fun, too. You could do it with cheap target stands.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

bummer7 wrote:Shortage or not - it doesn't mean we've stop shooting and/or competing. It just means we ration ourselves, dry fire more, and shoot smarter.

David, Spencer, and FreePistol;
if you come and shoot - I'll be happy to give each of you 100 rounds from my stash. How's that for an incentive? :)

-s
Thanks for the invite.

I am not out of ammunition (yet), but each time I grab some .22LR from the ammo cabinet I notice that the stock is going down and is currently below my comfort zone for an on-hand minimum - a case lot (or two) would make me happier.

Spencer

Spencer
david alaways

Free pistol

Post by david alaways »

I hate to say it but the last time I remember shooting my Free pistol was at the last state championships. I need to see how my scatt works on free pistol. Now that Tony Silva is retired he might be doing alittle more FP. and my title (My only title) might be in danger of being lost. Hold those 100 rounds for me I just might need them. Bullets in Chico r really scarce.
david alaways

Scatt

Post by david alaways »

Im taking my scatt to the gun show next week to demo it. Im going to use it to attract attention to r gun club and AP shooting. I think it should go over well but does anyone know if this has been done before and if it has do u have any pointers.
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

Spencer, it's my pleasure for the invite and the least I can do if you ever shoot a match at our club. In fact, I'll even pick up your match entry fee in addition to the ammo if you come.

David, I would lend you my shoes to shoot but I think your feet size is several sizes larger than what I wear <LOL>. Although I think my flip-flops will fit you. I hope Tony does come out and shoot the match too.

I don't have a Scatt but I have a Rika that I use when I give an Introductory Firearm/Pistol class. We also have an Air Pistol/Rifle and a couple of .22s on hand for people to try out. Most people are more interested in using the Rika than in shooting a Ruger MKI or a Izzy.

-Steve
david alaways

shoes

Post by david alaways »

*u*k I forgot about the shoes! how the he*l am i going to shoot again with stinky shoes on. Anyone have a pair of 11.5 shooting shoes.?
CA Bullseye

David Alaways

Post by CA Bullseye »

David:

I was in a Stockton Wal Mart last Sunday making my rounds for ammo. They had several bulk boxes of Federal HPCJHV. Your Morini should be able to handle it. The supply seems be getting better.

CA Bullseye
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

There's still slots/spots on the 2nd relay.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. Always happy to help out if I can.

-Steve