Front site adjustment for the LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DavidO.

Front site adjustment for the LP10

Post by DavidO. »

The LP10 allows you to adjust the front site forward and backward. Is it true adjusting it towards the back site will allow you to shoot tighter groups?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

If only it were that simple. Adjustment backwards or forwards is purely a personal thing. In theory moving the sight back reduces the amount of movement you see. This encourages early shot release rather than holding for too long. That's my understanding at least, but I have mine furthest forward since that works fine for me.

Rob.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Doesnt the LP10 also come equipped with an rear sight notch which is adjustable for width?? The LP50 has this feature.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Yep the rear sight can be opened up and the notch can be made deeper, and both moved in the opposite direction.

Rob.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Don't forget the LP-10 rear sight is also adjustable in the fore and aft direction, effectively allowing the shooter to change the sight radius in much the same manner as is achieved by moving the front sight. If you look down on the top of the pistol you'll see the sight body has a long slit machined into it, and inside that slit is a hex-head machine screw. By loosening that machine screw you will be able to move the sight toward the front (muzzle) or rear of the pistol. Don't forget to re-tighten the hex-head machine screw! (Been there, done that, won't forget that lesson...)