New England Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Luftrick

New England Free Pistol

Post by Luftrick »

Being that I am sequestered in the hinterlands of Maine, can anyone tell me where and when there are upcoming free pistol competitions in the neighboring New England states? I have always been planning to try it, but I don't think that there are any competitions in my state ... at least none that I am aware of. Mass, Conn and RI must have a somewhat active network of ranges that are putting on competitions throughout the year, no?

Thanks,

Patrick
greg derr

Post by greg derr »

Patrick: We are somewhat active in MA. The Sharon MA club runs a monthly FP, SP,CF match. Our attendence is down from past years but we are hopeful. Also outdoor matches are held twice a year in Woburn MA. I plan on some FP matches at the Braintree MA club this summer. All matches are listed in the USA Shooting magazine as well as online . Greg Derr
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Larry Carter usually has a FP, SP etc. international matches on the front end of his World Famous "Lobster Match" (NRA Bullseye).

But that's usually in September; once a year.

Be sure to attend . . . for the food, if nothing else!

Steve "Will Shoot For Lobster" Swartz
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Oh Yeah; Scarborough Fish & Game, right outside of Portland ME.
R.E. Smalley

New England shooting

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Hi;

I used to live in Wallingford, CT.

There is/was a range there called Blue Trail Range. You might check their web site for NRA or Free Pistol if you get depsarate, I know it's pretty far away.

Ed
JeffUIT

Post by JeffUIT »

Steve Swartz wrote:Larry Carter usually has a FP, SP etc. international matches on the front end of his World Famous "Lobster Match" (NRA Bullseye).
Here's another vote for the Lobstah Match. Each year, it's good to see who shows up. We've had everyone from Greg Derr (hi!) thru Brian Zins, Rob Mango, etc. It's a great time for all

Free Pistol, followed by Standard, followed by Centerfire, and then a EIC/Leg match if you're brave.

j, who shoots primarily for the steak and corn-on-the-cob