CO2 tank adapter

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Kjanracing

CO2 tank adapter

Post by Kjanracing »

I just received a beautiful Walther LP 400, THANKS Martin.
I have a CO2 tank. The tank has a male, external threaded fitting out of the tank valve. The Walther fill adapter has external threads.
What do I need to get to use the Walther fill adapter on my CO2 tank.
Thanks! Kurt
m1963

Re: CO2 tank adapter

Post by m1963 »

Kjanracing

Post by Kjanracing »

Thanks, I'm new to air pistol. I just figured they were all CO2. I'll look at a pump or tank.
Kurt
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Kjanracing wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am Thanks, I'm new to air pistol. I just figured they were all CO2. I'll look at a pump or tank.
Very few, if any, modern top line air pistols are now CO2.
I don't know what it's like in the US but, as a demonstration of how rare they are, big competitions tend to only have air available.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Forget a pump! Look on Craigslist for a cheap SCUBA tank, preferably full.

No luck? Try a dive shop for a used one.
spektr

Post by spektr »

As much as I like the idea of a used scuba tank, in many ways a new one will be a better choice. If you are US based, You have to know tbere are ongoing annual costs to keeping a tank in service. There is an annual visual inspection and Hydrostatic test with an Eddy Curent wall thickness check every 5 years. Tbe #1 cause of failed inspections is external condition followed by internal corrosion. External damage is cumulative and if tbere are deep scratcbes or handling dings and dents, they can and will fail visual...... My last Hydro was 40 bucks and annuals are 15. It isnt uncommon for divers to change tanks at around 4 years to dump tbe uncertainty of a failed hydro or internal corrosion inspection and buy a new tank. Shooters should not have internal corrosion issues in the tank like divers do so I question the value of a used tank for shooting... If you buy a new one, it will be good for a very long time unless you damage it.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If you buy a used tank from a dive shop, it should be freshly tested & inspected. Shooting is WAY easier on a tank than constantly emptying & filling it, hauling it on & off boats, exposure to salt water, etc. If it passed inspection before it was retired to air gun use, it should last a very long time. The team I help coach has four tanks, and I believe all of them were obtained used over a decade ago. I just had two hydrotested, and there were no issues. Once they get below about 120 to 130 BAR, they need to be filled to be useful for airguns. The stress on the tank being cycled between 120 and 200 BAR every 6 months is much less than a cylinder that gets nearly emptied & filled every month or two by a modestly active diver.

There are also a lot of people who take up diving, buy all new gear, and then never have time to do much & and eventually sell all their stuff. I bet Craig's List is full of tanks that were used only a few times and are in mint condition. If it's nearing inspection, factor that cost into the price.