RWS Club pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

RWS Club pellets

Post by Rover »

About 25 years ago I tested the CLUB pellets against Hobby and Meisterkugeln in my FWB65. Though they looked nice and were 7 grain they didn't do so hot and Hobby got the nod.

Has anyone done anything with them lately? I rarely see them available. Why not?
kevinweiho

Re: RWS Club pellets

Post by kevinweiho »

Rover wrote:I rarely see them available. Why not?
RWS club pellets were popular, however, with the introduction of the Basic and Hobby pellets, (which are more economical and have similar accuracy) the popularity of the Club pellets went downhill...

I think Club pellets are phased out in the U.S., but can still be found in Europe.
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

I’ve been curious about why there isn’t too many mentions made about the RWS Meisterkugeln yellow tin pellets. Cause they’re priced right around the same as R10’s so may as well buy them instead if cost is the factor?
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

I am surprised that there are no match pellet manufacturers in the U S of A . Most are imported from Europe .. well Germany I think .
I shot four sleeves of Fiocchi match pellets that have made in Germany on the tin . So even the Italians dont make any .

I vaguely remember seeing Chinese pellets available online ... anyone tried them ?

R10's are the best quality I found . next come H & N Finale match Rifle that shoot better in my air pistol than the ones designated Pistol of the same make .

People who shoot FWB65 are like those drivers who like to drive TR6's in this day and age ... but I do remember that the model 65 had little felt recoil inspite of the spring loading . I once had a piston loading Air Match that had an extension up front to extend the sight radius. This gun had zero recoil .
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Elmas wrote:I am surprised that there are no match pellet manufacturers in the U S of A . Most are imported from Europe .. well Germany I think .
Our host would certainly be surprised that he doesn't produce match pellets. And Tennessee was still in the US of A last time I was back there.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Too true!

Excellent pellets.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

Marc Orvin wrote:
Elmas wrote:I am surprised that there are no match pellet manufacturers in the U S of A . Most are imported from Europe .. well Germany I think .
Our host would certainly be surprised that he doesn't produce match pellets. And Tennessee was still in the US of A last time I was back there.
Tennessee ? That's news , I only thought they manufactured 'Country and Western' there . Excuse my ignorance .
left360

Post by left360 »

Vogel Merlin Match are $73.50 a sleeve from the CMP
spektr

Post by spektr »

Vogel oranges made my trusty 777 come alive.......
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Joe58 wrote:I’ve been curious about why there isn’t too many mentions made about the RWS Meisterkugeln yellow tin pellets. Cause they’re priced right around the same as R10’s so may as well buy them instead if cost is the factor?
People don't mention RWS Meisterkugeln yellow tin pellets is because they're not as "popular" as the more economical pellets. Just my two cents: Meisterkugeln's ARE R10 culls. Use what your pistol/rifle likes at a reasonable cost and don't get the most expensive pellet out there, unless you're REALLY competing at a high level.
Last edited by kevinweiho on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Elmas wrote:People who shoot FWB65 are like those drivers who like to drive TR6's in this day and age ...
You're kinda right. Even though I have my LP10, I like shooting my FWB 80 occasionally, the clunky feeling and nostalgia of vintage FWB's is addictive.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I did a test with 7 grain Basic, Meisterkugeln, and R10s. The lower the price, the larger the group. BUT, you could hardly tell the difference in the groups sizes without a caliper.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Rover wrote:I did a test with 7 grain Basic, Meisterkugeln, and R10s. The lower the price, the larger the group. BUT, you could hardly tell the difference in the groups sizes without a caliper.
Dang.... i started using RWS basic this month thanks to Rover..... that is why i'm only shooting 559-561 =[ I must need better pellets to keep me out of the 8 ring.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You may as well believe it; so many on here do. (And they'll tell you so!)