wood sculptures (grips)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Re: wood sculptures (grips)

Post by David Levene »

Dr. Jim wrote:Sorry, I got carried away. The answer you want is that if it goes into box and the angles of palm and thumb rest are ok, the pistol is legal.
The big problem is that the angles are taken from the axis of the grip, and there is no definition of that.

It is wrong to assume that it is always perpendicular to the top of the rear sight and runs through the centre of the rear sight notch. What about cantable rear sights?
scerir

Post by scerir »

David Levene wrote: What about cantable rear sights?
Right. There are cantable sights, and cantable grips too.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Back to the poster, before the hijack...very nice looking grip. In most cases, people are shooting a less formal dicipline and little additions to shape are of marginal benefit to final scores. IMHO
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

scerir wrote:
David Levene wrote: What about cantable rear sights?
Right. There are cantable sights, and cantable grips too.
Maybe there are, but in the backwater that is Canada, I never saw any during my dozen years checking pistols at the National Matches. I assumed a vertical one down from the rear sight then checked the angle with a machinist's square. Very very rarely had to have someone take a rasp to remove a lip upwards, but eventually all went into the box, beyond these items I didn't concern myself.

Dr Jim