Wich pellet for my steyr lp 10 ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GOLD1978

Wich pellet for my steyr lp 10 ?

Post by GOLD1978 »

Hi all ,
l start this sport new. and l want to learn one detail about pellets .
Here is one companies product list , i want to buy bulk but wich ones can be use for 10 mt for my steyr lp 10 ?
Or l can use all off them ?

BASİC : 4,5mm|.177 0,47g|7,25gr
CLASSIC : 4,5mm|.177 0,50g|7,72gr
NORMAL : 4,5mm|.177 0,49g|7,56gr

Thank you for your help and answers.
ArmySGM

Re: Wich pellet for my steyr lp 10 ?

Post by ArmySGM »

http://www.10pt9.com/Ammunition/Match-P ... -p162.html

Buy some test packs and see which lots shoot best and then order has many as you need of that lot.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

GOLD1978 wrote:Hi all ,
Here is one companies product list , i want to buy bulk but wich ones can be use for 10 mt for my steyr lp 10 ?

Hi, until you are averaging scores over 570, buy and use RWS Basics. In all of my 10M

match air pistols, they will all land on the inner 10 ring. They are the cheapest quality

pellet that you can buy.

Tony
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

No idea what those pellets are, because other than weight there's no info. Who's the supplier?

You should be using wadcutter pellets (that's the flat front shape). And with an LP-10, probably a match quality pellet. Best thing would be to buy a tin of a few of the available choices and try them.

I really like JSB Match Diabolo "Pistol" pellets, and I shoot 4.50mm head diameter in my EVO-10. You might want to try a tin of 4.49mm as well as 4.50mm diameters to see which shoots best. I like these pellets better than the H&N Final Match Pistol, as I find them more consistent. Your mileage may vary.

Welcome to the frustrating world of choosing the best pellet for your gun.

(Where in the world are you, by the way? You might want to add that info to your profile.)
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
GOLD1978

Post by GOLD1978 »

Thats brand is Coal. I know other brands . i wanna try that about price but l dont know wich one is right for my pistol.

anyone choose products from there for me ? www.coal.si
william

Post by william »

STOP! STOP!! STOP!!!
Do a search in the archives. There are hundreds of posts in dozens of threads on this subject, and they mostly end with something like:
Work on the things that matter - hold, sight alignment, trigger control. When you've mastered them, fill up the empty spaces in your brain with trivial details like differences between pellets.

Rover, help me out here.
j-team

Post by j-team »

GOLD1978 wrote:Thats brand is Coal. I know other brands . i wanna try that about price but l dont know wich one is right for my pistol.

anyone choose products from there for me ? http://www.coal.si
Any wadcutters from RWS, H&N, Vogel or JSB will be fine.

Those Coal pellets are useless, the worst I've ever seen. A local shop returned all the stock they had to the supplier when they saw the quality (or lack of).
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Rover, help me out here."

RWS BASIC pellets. If you can't hit with these you can't hit with anything.

And they're cheap.
abinok

Post by abinok »

These guys are absolutely steering you the right direction.
RWS BASIC.
Order 2 sleeves (10,000), shoot them, then revisit this topic.
GOLD1978

Post by GOLD1978 »

Thank you for your advice but i want to discover new brands.
Ok im pass the coal about quality.

What do you think about qiang-yuan ?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

GOLD1978 wrote:What do you think about qiang-yuan ?
They are normally pretty consistent and, as you are new to the sport, in common with all of the leading brands will out-perform you for some time to come.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

GOLD1978 Hello.

As mentioned you should look up some previous threads. As you are just starting out, I would advise you to pay more attention to developing your "shooting process", rather than which lump of lead you stuff down the barrel. Believe me when I tell you that your pistol, in the hands of a good shooter using the most basic wadcutter pellet will outshoot you using the most expensive (albeit probably quite accurate) pellet on the market any time in the near future.

The secret to good shooting is not the gun, the pellet, or how it is propelled, as they are simply a method of transporting that lump of lead from point A to point B. Yes, they all can help, but the secret lies in the process.

Invest your money wisely and buy any one of a dozen good books on pistol shooting. Read the book. Absorb it all. Then read it again (we only absorb about 35% of what we read first time around). As many a person has said, until you can place the pellet on the target consistently scoring all 9s (that would be a acore of 540 for a 60 ahot match) or better, almost ANY reasonable pellet such as RWS Basic will do the job.

Most of all don't take yourself too seriously and have fun.

Paul
william

Post by william »

"Invest your money wisely and buy any one of a dozen good books on pistol shooting. Read the book. Absorb it all."

Beg to differ. Don't get a book until you have enough experience to understand the message. Get a coach. If you can't find a coach, latch on to a shooter who knows what he's talking about and can back it up with a history of performance. Listen to what he says. Do what you're told. Ask questions only if you want greater understanding, not because you think you know something he doesn't.

At some point both of you will know that you don't need him anymore. When that happens, remain friends and move on. Until then, don't even think about books, pellets, etc. For that matter, don't even think.
Chia

Post by Chia »

Rover wrote:"Rover, help me out here."

RWS BASIC pellets. If you can't hit with these you can't hit with anything.

And they're cheap.
I'm still shooting these, and my shots typically spread about a half-dollar or so. That's with a $200 Daisy 747. Don't worry about pellets in pistols for now. Worry about grip and posture. Always worry about grip and posture, even when you get good enough to need to worry about pellets.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Some basic pellets have bits of lead swarf in the bottom of the tin and I avoid them as they can get down the transfer port. Also bent skirts. Never had that with top end pellets. Unless the gun prefers cheap pellets why not get the best you can afford? Its like choose two pennies or three pennies per shot. Not worth going too down market for a penny a shot. Meh just my opinion.
rmca

Post by rmca »

GOLD1978

I did a pellet test some months ago using my Styer LP10.
Here's the post on that:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51440

Have a look and then draw your conclusions about testing...
Hope this helps
GOLD1978

Post by GOLD1978 »

Thank you for your all advice and answers.