Feinwerkbau model 90 electronic

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
afonsofc

Feinwerkbau model 90 electronic

Post by afonsofc »

Hi,

Today I pulled my FWB model 90 cocking lever backwards it and it got stuck (it does not return to the closed position). Its locked pointing to seven o'clock (as the manual describes as completely cocked).

The battery is out. Does the cocking mechanism depends on the battery?

Anyone has experienced the same problem and/or could help?
kevinweiho

Re: Feinwerkbau model 90 electronic

Post by kevinweiho »

Don't have a 90, but an 80. All models have part nº 1810.143.1 (detent lever). With a flat head screw driver, try pressing the tab of the detent lever and at the same time, close the cocking lever.
afonsofc

Post by afonsofc »

I tried, but it didn´t work. I tried to press forward the tab of the detent lever while moving the cocking lever back. Is it right?

The cocking lever does not move much. It only moves a bit back using force, but it returns to the original position, so it does not close.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

afonsofc wrote:I tried, but it didn´t work. I tried to press forward the tab of the detent lever while moving the cocking lever back.
Did you try pressing on the tab and at the same time moving the cocking lever forward?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Forgot to ask, did you see the pivot screw on the cocking lever getting loose and preventing the lever from closing and is the slide fixed and not moving at all? Can you post a pic?
afonsofc

Post by afonsofc »

The cocking lever does not goes forwards. It only goes backwards (with force).

I pushed the tab forward and moved the cocking lever backwards and forwards at the same time.

I am sending a picture.
Attachments
IMG_180k.jpg
jerber

Post by jerber »

This has happened to my 80
It turns out to be something that broke off inside and a piece of metal got stuck in the mechanism
Try to pull back and hold it then shake the pistol around
And then try to close it
Might take a few times
If that's the case do not use it anymore until it's fixed
Hope this works
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

The pic shows that the piston is completely locked backed; has the recoilless mechanism latched itself back up?. If the cocking lever pivot screw did not come loose, then it could be that your pistol has the older seals (white seals turning yellow) that disintegrated and are gumming up the piston and compression chamber. The shiny compression chamber is not made of aluminum, instead it is an alloy that is brittle, so don't force close the pistol.

Your only chance now is to carefully disassemble the upper part of the pistol from the lower part. If your pistol is already loaded with a pellet, remember to get it out first for your safety. Download and examine the exploded diagram from FWB. There is a "tab" that I remember under the upper part that you have to depress for the cocking lever (compression chamber) to close.

When you are able to have the cocking lever closed, don't reassemble the pistol, it needs an overhaul.