Fwb dark blue vs light blue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Wpvince

Fwb dark blue vs light blue

Post by Wpvince »

Hey guys looking at the fwb 103 and there was a dark or royal blue and then it seems like they produced a light blue later with a Morini grip. I can't tell the difference and I can't find much info about the change on the Internet. Also is there a way to lookup serial numbers for the fwbs. Thanks
cpe

Re: Fwb dark blue vs light blue

Post by cpe »

The light blue has the one piece grip and the dark blue has the one piece morini. If you have the 2-piece, you can buy a 30 or so dollar adaptor piece from FWB to change to the one piece grip which provides more flexibility on grip adjustment but you would need to also buy the new one piece grip. It is an adjustment which is worth the investment in my opinion as I shot with both the one piece and two piece grips and found the one piece to be much easier to shoot. However, adding another $300 in cost to your 103 is a substantial investment.

I don't think there are any other differences outside the grip and adaptor. The light blue will be a bit newer but not much else. The light blue is a lot harder to find as they were in the later part of the production cycle. I think the 103 started production in about 1997 and ended in about 2007?? There are not a lot of the light blue version which were produced as it competed with CO2 and compressed air, but they both shoot better than you can hold.

You may be able to find from other sources on when the serial numbers reflected the different colors.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

cpe wrote:The light blue has the one piece grip and the dark blue has the one piece morini.
The light blue has the one piece Morini grip (non adjustable palm shelf) and the dark blue has the standard OEM FWB three piece grip which has an adjustable palm shelf which suits users between XS to L hand sizes. I have small hands and find the FWB grips to be very comfortable, the Morini grips are less forgiving and must be the correct size for a perfect glove like fit.
vince6

Post by vince6 »

I understand the dark blue is a lot more accurate then the light blue
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Must be the shorter wavelength....
william

Post by william »

Gwhite wrote:Must be the shorter wavelength....
Holy cow, Doug! Does E = hv imply that accuracy is a function of energy?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I thought everyone knew that!

You REALLY need a Walther LPM1.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I heard it was related to the amount of sunlight at Bedano on the day; bright, sunny days fade the paint more.