AW93 Trigger Adjustments

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joel

AW93 Trigger Adjustments

Post by joel »

For some reason, I have the most difficult time adjusting the trigger. I have tried following the manual and each time, the trigger won't work and I simply return it to factory set up. The trigger is heavy and it operates as a single stage trigger. I would like to get a nice short and light first stage followed by a nice crisp second stage. Does anyone else have some problems with adjusting the trigger or is it just me. If so, can anyone offer some advice as to how I might go about getting the trigger setting I want.

Thanks in Advance,

Joel
joel

Re: AW93 Trigger Adjustments

Post by joel »

Bump. No AW93 experts out there? I shoulda bought a Pardini :)
rmca

Post by rmca »

Has the gun been properly clean?

The manual is very self explanatory, so if you are having trouble adjusting it there might be something not right with the gun.
Try again but with small increments, say 1/4 to 1/2 a turn each time. One screw at the time. From what I read in the manual, the trigger slack (I'm assuming it's the first stage) can´t be less that 600g.
Here you have a couple of cut away images and the manual http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/ they should help.

If only the Pardini manual was that detailed in adjusting the trigger...

Hope this helps
joel

Post by joel »

Thanks, I will try again. The gun is very clean and operates perfectly. I'll try really small increments.

Cheers,

Joel
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

I love my AW93 but will admit setting up the trigger can be a chore compared to a Pardini SP and in the past I spent hours over several nights fighting to get mine right. The great thing about a Pardini is that you can see everything and quickly work out exactly how each screw affects the trigger pull whereas with the AW93 most of what happens is hidden from view. However despite the trials involved, once it is set up how you like it the AW93 trigger is a dream (for me at least) particularly how you can fire multiple shots in rapid strings just by toggling a short 2nd stage (i.e. the trigger does not need to go all the way forward to the start of the first stage for the sear to re-engage). One word of advice is to adjust the AW93 trigger with the grip removed so you can see and understand what certain screws are doing to the sear adjustment (and thus the length of stages). The first stage can't be made too light though (600 gram minimum is about right).
Perre52

Post by Perre52 »

I found this method on the internet some time ago:

"Here's how I set my trigger up. I hope it's of some help.
First, run out the triggerstop screw 22.
Then run out screw 26 in back of the frame.
I set the trigger slack as short as can be and still be very safe, by turning screw 20 until the gun when the slide is cycled with the trigger held down will drop the hammer. Then back it off to a comfortable safety distance and reset the screw 26 again. Repeat this procedure until you get the firststage as short as you feel comfortable, while still having the screw 26 have a just a hair of slack so that the bar drops into the groove consistantly when you take your finger off the trigger.
Set trigger point screw 21 to the right until the second stage goes away, and then back it to the left until it feels somewhat crisp. This is the important screw that lets you have a rolling release or a crisp release.
Here's where I found the most difficulties, if the second stage weight is too light, it won't give a consistant feel to the letoff when it's set crisp. I was getting a sort of slight bump feel from the edge of the second stage sear when it was set too light, which went away as the second stage weight was increased a little. When the second stage feels right, that's when to set the letoff slightly crisper.
I then set the first stage weight to legal spec.
Then I set the screw 26 in back of the frame again so that the bar has that slight hair of slack again.
Then set trigger stop back enough so that the sear won't drag.

I hope that makes sense, as right now I'm just going from memory and the manual for the screw numbers.
I think the biggest area of concern is to set the second stage weight high enough to put some pressure on the parts.
Even though the trigger is simple in its workings, I did also have a hell of a time messing with it until I got it feeling right, and now I ain't touchin it again. "

It worked perfect for me. But You will need a lot of patience and "fingerspitzengefuel"
Hope this helps.