Updated Sight Adjustment Charts

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Updated Sight Adjustment Charts

Post by Gwhite »

Courtesy of a practice match we ran yesterday, the sight adjustment chart has had a correction. One of our students found out the hard way that the instructions in the English portion of the Hammerli 480K manual have the windage correction backwards! (This is from the PDF of the manual in the 10P files. The actual abbreviated 10P instructions are correct.) The German section is correct, but it's a strange translation error to make. The mechanism uses the screw to push the sight, rather than having the sight attached to a nut on the screw, which is why it's "backwards".

In any event, I've attached the latest revision, which includes air pistols, free pistols & standard pistols. If anyone has info on any missing pistols (or corrections), I would be happy to add them to the list.
Attachments
Sight Adjustment.pdf
(56.43 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
therider

Re: Updated Sight Adjustment Charts

Post by therider »

Pardini k10 according to company data should be 1.8mm/click
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Thanks! That number seemed awfully coarse, but it was taken directly from the 2010 manual on Pardini USA's web site.

I've updated the chart, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update the original link. I've attached the new version below.
Attachments
Sight Adjustment.pdf
(56.48 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Nev C

Post by Nev C »

Why are the charts for free pistol and sport pistol calibrated at 50 feet?
They are shot at 50 metres and 25 metres.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Sorry, this was coompiled for the MIT collegiate team, and almost all of our shooting is at 50 feet on reduced targets. If I get ambitious, I will try to add columns for other distances for the .22's. In retrospect, I should have done that from the start. Fortunately, I don't think the difference between meters & yards creates enough of an error to worry about. There are very few metric ranges in the USA.
therider

Post by therider »

Gwhite,
Does MIT have a shooting range at the campus?

I am glad we do not have that in Italy..... I would not like the students to become too good at shooting...you never know how a student failed at the exam could use his skills!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

We have a 15 point pistol range and a 16 point rifle range, both set up for 50 feet or 10 meters. The range is located in the basement of one of the athletic buildings on campus. The physical education program has both pistol & rifle classes, and they are always over subscribed.

Despite having to compete against most of the US military academies, MIT has historically done fairly well. The team has won the national collegiate championship on several occasions.
Gort

Post by Gort »

On the Free Pistol, the 50 foot data can be multiplied by 3.28 to convert to 50 meter values.
i.e. CM84E elevation for 50 foot is 2.1mm, 2.1mm x 3.28 = 6.9mm. (Morini's manual states 7mm, depending on sight radius.)
Gort