Pardini Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BorzoiDad

Pardini Free Pistol

Post by BorzoiDad »

I am considering a new free pistol. I currently have a TOZ. I have a tendency to jerk the trigger. When I shoot free pistol with my Bennelli I do better. The Bennelli has a 2 stage trigger and taking up the 1st stage seems to allow me to squeeze the final release. The only free pistol with a 2 stage trigger aapears to be the Pardini. Has anyone used the Pardini and give me comments?

Thanks.

Dennis
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

If you search the forum for Pardini FP (all terms) you will get a plethora of threads on the subject. However, there is one very thorough review here:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... ni++review

Roger
zoned

Re: Pardini Free Pistol

Post by zoned »

BorzoiDad wrote:... I currently have a TOZ. I have a tendency to jerk the trigger..... I do better. The Bennelli has a 2 stage trigger and taking up the 1st stage seems to allow me to squeeze the final release..
The Pardini FP trigger mechanism is rock simple. If you prefer a heavier trigger, replacing the large coil spring with a stiffer one will get you there.

ken4all

Post by ken4all »

you can get the Morini CM84e also with a 2 stage trigger
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

ken4all wrote:you can get the Morini CM84e also with a 2 stage trigger
That was gonna be my point too.

I do however think buying a gun with a 2 stage trigger is not the way to 'solve' a poor triggering problem. You will still get the same problem, maybe less often with the 2-stage (?) but training your trigger release is the only answer.

Rob.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Take a look at http://toz35.blogspot.com/search/label/toz-35, with the "sponge trick". It actually works pretty well, got some shooters in our club now using this workaround to get a two stage trigger in their TOZ.
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

When using the Toz, your trigger finger is off the trigger and the muscles in your trigger finger and hand are tensioned so as not the touch or squeeze the trigger. Once you decide to squeeze off the shot, your trigger finger goes from this “off the trigger” tension to moving. So does the rest of the muscles in your hand!

With the two stage trigger, you have taken up the first stage, or at least have your finger on the trigger in some “ready” type position. Hence the change in tension when you decide to squeeze the trigger, the change in tension is much less.

One can learn to have your finger in a ready position on the trigger with a free pistol. Much training is required. Training where you feel the tension in your hand and fingers and for a period, become very aware of the very slight changes in your hand and wrist.

Man shooters refer to that slow, steady increase in pressure on the trigger until the shot breaks. This method relates to what I am saying. It is easier to think of increasing the pressure on the trigger with a 1911 45 caliber & 4 pounds of trigger pressure. The point is that the grip pressure, hand-finger muscle tension is established and just the trigger finger pressure is slowly increased. Now how do you have a steady increase in pressure with a very light FP trigger?
It is not too hard to think about the grip pressure etc. But you have to learn the difference between having your trigger finger ready to squeeze versus off the trigger and develop the confidence to have trigger finger ready to shoot by squeezing even the very light trigger pressure.
BorzoiDad

Pardini Free Pistol

Post by BorzoiDad »

I want to thank everyone for their responses. Especially RandomShotz. The post by Nicole described my position much better than I did and I found it very helpful.
backpack

Re: Pardini Free Pistol

Post by backpack »

The article below shows one more option for dealing with the trigger.

The author is the famous Soviet coach. He also recently coached a number of Central America shooters from novice up to the world class level.
http://www.shooting-ua.com/books/book_311.2.htm
Attachments
poddubniy-10.jpg
poddubniy-10.jpg (40.29 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
FredB

FP triggering

Post by FredB »

PETE S wrote:When using the Toz, your trigger finger is off the trigger and the muscles in your trigger finger and hand are tensioned so as not the touch or squeeze the trigger. Once you decide to squeeze off the shot, your trigger finger goes from this “off the trigger” tension to moving. So does the rest of the muscles in your hand!
There are several possible ways to trigger a FP. IMHO the method described above is by far the worst - it's an open invitation to jerks and snatches. Here are some other methods (heaviest trigger weight to lightest):

1. As indicated in other posts, you can add a piece of sponge, or use some other method, to create a 2-stage heavy trigger. Of course your finger remains on the trigger throughout the aiming process.

2. You can use the gun's trigger adjustment capability to increase trigger weight to the point where you feel comfortable resting your finger on the trigger throughout the aiming process. In the case of electronic triggers you may even be able to change springs to greatly increase the weight. Essentially it can now be handled like any other single-stage trigger.

3. As described to me by Don Nygord, you can set the weight rather light and adjust the blade so that you have to actively stretch your finger to reach it. With your finger on the trigger throughout the aiming process and in active extension, you release the shot by relaxing the tension on your finger, allowing it to naturally contract.

Note all three of these methods keep your finger on the trigger. I think probably the most popular is some variation of the second method, with the trigger weight adjusted to the individual's comfort level. I would be very surprised if any top-level shooter moved the trigger finger from off to on the blade in the middle of aiming. Does anyone want to surprise me?

FredB
j-team

Post by j-team »

I agree with Fred's #2.

If you can't rest your finger on the trigger without the fear of firing before you are ready, then the trigger is set too light for you.

I would suggest adding weight until you can confidently rest your finger on trigger while aiming.

From there, it's just like shooting any other trigger whether it's 50g or 1360g. You just squeeze/increase pressure on the trigger while maintaining the best alignment you can and the shot will go when it's ready.
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

FredB, I agree with you completely, the description in the first paragraph of my post is what some folks do wrong when shooting the light trigger of the FP and why they are more successful with the two stage trigger!
BorzoiDad

Free Pistol

Post by BorzoiDad »

I want to thank everyone for their help. Looks like I'll be playing with the trigger weight on my Toz.
BorzoiDad

Free Pistol

Post by BorzoiDad »

I want to thank everyone for their help. Looks like I'll be playing with the trigger weight on my Toz.
Chris

Post by Chris »

This is a really good example of where dry firing helps train your muscle memory. If I were you I would start by taking your Toz and sitting in a chair and just focus on the pulling the trigger and your grip. Do this as much as you can for at least 3 weeks. It would be best if you can spend 10-20 mins on it every day. Focus on the trigger moving to the rear and feeling it. Try and get comfortable with holding your finger on the trigger without it going off. There are lots of people out there using a 10-20g trigger weight who can rest a finger on the trigger and while aiming. Last time I measured mine it was at 40-50g. After the 3 weeks then incorporate a target and continue to dry fire and also work in some live fire and continue this last part as a normal part of your training. I think dry firing for success in Free Pistol is more important than live firing.