Walther's new pistols LP400 and SSP-E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Not really. It doesn't have to stick to the barrel to work.
A press fit would work.
And the other design option would be to free float the barrel inside the tube to allow it to vibrate freely, getting the same job done in the opposite way :)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They've had carbon wrapped barrels on their air rifles for about 5 years now so it's not new.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

second option is more valid. we will see it when someone decides to import it here in greece or when we get the pdf manuals from walther. for now my instinct tells me it is for cosmetic purposes just like it is on walther rifles.

Post by Guest »

Am I wrong that the shroud is like a sleeve over the barrel, and that the barrel actually extends to the muzzle under the carbon shroud? Is there a reason for the compensator and sight not being directly attached to the barrel?
ukjohn

LP400

Post by ukjohn »

Hello all , interested to hear your posts.
I have been shooting a weirauch 40pca for the last 2 years and really enjoyed getting to learn the sport.
Having spotted the SteyrLP10 and LP400 I have only had the fortune to try the Steyr and like it, but in my heart I wanted the LP400 so I have a deposit on one.
Being a left hander, Ive had to manage the RH grips of my colleagues guns in my left, so when I take delivery of the LP400 I will be commenting as a leftie ok !!!

Wish me luck
PS: Only thing Im fed up about is that it doesnt seem to come with a spare canister, so more cost.
JOhn