Franklin Green Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wgvette

Battery for Green FP

Post by wgvette »

The pistol uses an eveready No 504 15 volt battery, a quick search came up with this, [/url]http://www.batterymart.com/p-eveready-5 ... ttery.html[/url]
Last edited by wgvette on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
red9

Green Electronic Trigger

Post by red9 »

In most free pistols, the goal of the electronic trigger is to provide a light, consistent, creep-free and safe pull. In the Green, the electronic trigger provided one additional feature. The shooter could adjust the balance of the pistol by sliding the barreled action and fire control group forward and back on the grip/trigger, since there was only a wire connecting the trigger to the sear.

Post by Guest »

OK: I pulled my ElectroArm #103 free pistol out of storage. This is the third made for civilians, The early ones made for military shooters were numbered 01,02,03 etc. # 103 is left handed. My old coach and mentor Don Hamilton shot one in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics as did Arnie Vitarbo. Hamilton loved his, and regrettably returned the gun even though he did not have to. Arnie's gun was stolen. Green also was making an electronic trigger for Winchester Model 70 which he was trying to sell to the military. I tried to get some info from Tom Krcmar who worked on the gun with Green, Krcmar was a longtime Air Force gunsmith and the US Shotgun Team gunsmith. The military guns had the white grips. Mine has a walnut grip. Someone mentioned "Swanwick" This is probably Col. Swanwick who was a very old shooter who was a great guy. I believe he finally got his CMP pistol badge at age 90.

The introductory sales flier said the pistol had a lock time of 3.8 milliseconds and the price was $550, $570 or $600 you could get a sub 100 serial number for $750. Greg Derr
nightdoc

Green Free pistol

Post by nightdoc »

If you hear of one becoming available please have the owner contact me.
I want it for a display with the longer barrel
Thanks

jon Miller
Nightdoc@aol.com
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I would love to see a picture of the High Standard free pistol!! Any hope for one?? I have seen a Green free pistol at Nationals several years ago...it lives in Kansas. Thanks, Dwaine.
Ernie Rodriguez

H-S Free Pistol

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Dwain- if you PM me your addy I will send you photos of the H-S free pistol. I can't get the photos on post because they are a little too big.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Hi Ernie, E-mail hurtgoldsmithgallery@yahoo will do, thanks a bunch! Dwaine.