Your shooting habits and costs

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Weekend Shooter

Your shooting habits and costs

Post by Weekend Shooter »

Out of curiosity, who has moved away from shooting heavy disciplines to the .177 AP or the .22lr disciplines because of cost? I used to shoot 9mm and then 12ga, but I found myself happier with a .177 FWB P40. Cost of ammo was a reason. So I sold the 9mm and the 12ga Benelli is just at home for defense.
Rob

Post by Rob »

For me, I'm going to shoot the sport no matter what caliber..Its..How far do I want to travel to a match..And do I want to get a motel room.....I never worried about driving 300 miles and getting a room for the night, but now I'm staying home more.....maybe I'm getting older!
shadow

Shooting

Post by shadow »

I used to shoot a match about 3X per month. Right now I find myself adding up the total cost of the match which may include ammo, gas, motel, match fees, food, etc. If the cost is prohibitive - I do not go. My salary increases have not kept up with the rising cost of everything else and unfortunately, I now go to approx 1 match per month.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I discovered I am hesitant to go to a match if I'm not shooting well enough to win. I used to go for the practice but I can't justify the expense now and I'm still shooting old eley. I hate the thought of buying a case at the newly inflated prices. I'm trying to get the air pistol practice to substitute for free pistol to save ammo, but free is much harder.
Ben
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Cost of the doctor visits drove me away from "big gun" shooting!
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

Approx twice a week for practice, alternating between 9mm and .22. Approx 200 rounds per week. A match nearly every weekend, and up to 150 rounds per competition (If i am doing WA1500). On top of this Accomodation for some matches as they are far away. Then there is the food and drink while away.

Thank God for Mastercard. I am still always broke bye the way !!!!!!!