First impressions of the Pardini K22 free pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Bob - why on earth would you even try to kick the free pistol habit?!?!?!?! It's just far too much fun to give up.

Of course if I say that too loud our government will put free pistol shooting into the same catagory as tobacco and booze and will tax the living daylights out of it! ;-)

On a more serious note, I believe you'll find the Rink grips require considerably less modification than Morini grips do in order to come up with a decent fit. And they are simply a dream in comparison to the factory original TOZ grip. The philosophy of the TOZ grip is a wise one - provide more than enough wood that can be whittled away to fit large hands, small hands, and everything in between. It's just that most of us don't have the time, patience and skill to do that much whittling!

I wish you great success with that TOZ.

And yes, the Hammerli isn't very forgiving, nor is the Morini. But when you do things right and you nail a 10 with either of those guns, it's deep in the X-ring. Unfortunately, if it's not a 10, it might also be somewhere out in the pasture field beside the range! I know... The dairy herds in our neck of the woods run for cover when I start shooting!
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

What is your opinion on the balance of the K22 compared to the SP or to the TOZ, for that matter.
Tonight, I got to handle another Toz again, so I can answer that second part. The Toz is a much heavier gun and has more of its weight in the barrel. The owner of the Toz commented he'd noticed that also. More subjectively, I thought it took more work (largely because of the weight) to keep it on target and didn't like the sights as well as on my K22. Despite that very long sight radius, the K22 really does point exceptionally well. Then again, compared to the Toz, it's a lot more money.